Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsubishi not standing behind their EVO's..........hmmmm funny..........

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2004, 06:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsubishi not standing behind their EVO's..........hmmmm funny..........

What is the fricken deal with Mitsubishi dealerships giving every EVO owner the run-around? Everytime that I go to a DSM dealer, they always find a stupid reason not to work with me.

For instance: I had got into my car one morning and noticed that my floor mat was really slick. When I had picked up the mat, underneath was a ton of water beeds sitting all over my carpet. Take in consideration that I've just had all of my recalls done and they had to seal the undercarriage of my car. (After doing all of this at the dealership, they still didnt think that them not sealing it properly was the problem) Hmmm....I was wondering why a car that I paid $30K for was leaking water? I also noticed that my 5th gear was grinding, very similar like my 1s, 2nd, 3rd & 4th did that were all replaced before this had happened. I also have an axle seal that is leaking as well.

I was also told by a previous Service Manager @ another DSM dealer in the area that he would have to have a District Rep. come smell my car to make sure that it smells like mildew.......even though he has smelled and touched and saw my carpet already to make a decision. I also have to wait whenever this Rep. comes into town whenever he feels like it.

Well, today I went to a dealership (which will remain nameless for the time being) and they had told me that I had spot welds on my rear passenger 1/4 panel and that it had been wrecked. This was news to me, since I bought the car and have had it ever since, but whatever. When he was showing me the spot welds, I saw a spot that poss. looked like a spot weld, but no more and I've seen brand new cars with spot welds before, but anyway. Since my car had been leaking in the front for the most part, the Service Manager, Chris stated that the leak might not be covered under warranty, because the car had been in a wreck. Well, it hasn't, so I called him out on that, plus I'm talking about a completely different part of the car.

Also, he asked if that was a MBC that I had and I said yes, because it is turned down to 18psi at the moment for many different reasons. He then began to tell me that my axle seal prob. wouldn't be covered under warranty, because the MBC would void it. He was trying to say that the MBC made the axle seal leak. What in the hell is this BS? I had mentioned that the axle spin the same damn way, boost doesn't cause the axle to spin faster, unless your gov. is disconnected, which it's not. He said well the drivetrain is connected to the motor, so therefor it was all the same. Whatever........I'm so sick of these DSM dealers not standing behind their product and giving all of the people who fall in this category the run-around. This goes to show everyone out there who is looking to buy an EVO or any other DSM, that Mitsubishi doesn't stand behind anything. I hope this is in the right area on this forum, because I just had to vent for a min. I am currenty working on a letter to the GM of these 2 dealers and am currently writing the US Mitsubishi President about this matter. Here is my $.02 about DSM dealers and this will be the last DSM I own.

Last edited by JDM_EVOVIII; Dec 1, 2004 at 06:38 PM.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JDM_EVOVIII
What is the fricken deal with Mitsubishi dealerships giving every EVO owner the run-around? Everytime that I go to a DSM dealer, they always find a stupid reason not to work with me.
this is far as i am reading for the following reasons

I DO NOT GET ANY RUN AROUND! if i have the slightest possible warranty issue my dealership WANTS to help me and they will got to bat for me as long and as hard as they can

This Topic has been beaten to death

IF YOU WANT TO PLAY YO GOT TO PAY!
Old Dec 1, 2004, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

while it's true that things like this do happen, it is NOT every dealer. I happen to be very fortunate to have a dealer that works with me. I recently had my 5th gear replaced UNDER WARRANTY, and my mods include basically everything except cams, injectors, and turbo kit. I think having a 5th gear replaced under warranty when I have a AEM EMS is pretty nice. There are good dealerships out there. The problem is, not every dealer is mod friendly, and the only ones you hear about are the ones that aren't. I'm sorry you are having such difficulty. maybe go to another local dealer and talk to them about taking your car there from now on.

Also, keep in mind, that if you have all your service done at the dealer (oil change, regular maintenence, etc.) they will be much more inlcined to help you. It's the people who buy a car, never give them any more business, and show up with a modded car that has a problem that they don't want to help.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did you go to don herring?
Old Dec 1, 2004, 06:48 PM
Account Disabled

Dealers don't make the warranty decisions anymore... The Mitsu Reps do. In most cases this is the situation you'll find yourself in when requesting warranty work. It's not the dealer's fault.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bluebanana23
did you go to don herring?
Don Herring and Lewisville Mitsubishi today.

Don Herring has given me the run-around with the District Rep. for a while and Lewy Mitsu tried to say that other crap tonight about my car being wrecked and all that other stuff. Since owning my Audi before, you notice a hell of a big difference in the way that you get treated with an issue. I was treated like Royalty in the Audi/Porsche store, but I've been treated like a kid that had mommy and daddy buy an EVO for me, which hasn't happened since I was 16, about 8 years ago. It's really pathetic and if nothing is going to be done in my favor, I'm taking it to the top.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by RaleighEVOVIII
this is far as i am reading for the following reasons

I DO NOT GET ANY RUN AROUND! if i have the slightest possible warranty issue my dealership WANTS to help me and they will got to bat for me as long and as hard as they can

This Topic has been beaten to death

IF YOU WANT TO PLAY YO GOT TO PAY!
Perhaps it seems that this topic is beaten to death because more and more EVO owners are having the same kind of problem. I agree that not all ds's are doing this but, JDM is having issues with multiple ds's as well as hearing that his car has been wrecked although he bought it new and never wrecked it himself.

The guy is going through hell. Cut him some slack.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 09:15 PM
Account Disabled

Did it ever occur to you that the car may have been damaged in shipment or in delivery and repired before you recieved it ?

Those suspicious welds are something you should have a good body man look at

Sorry to hear you are having these problems
Old Dec 1, 2004, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

why do people think its just mitsubishi not covering warrenty claims? I had a 2003 honda civic si before my Evo and that car has syncro issues with its tranny and Honda dealers arent fixing them. Luckily for me i never had a problem with my car but they have just the same amount of problems with the dealerships fixing stuff. Same thing with subarus, go over to nasioc forum and they a specific section just for warrenty claims. I just hate when people come on here and other forums and act like mitsubishi is the only car company not fixing things under warrenty. Its just the Evo, dealerships are iffy to fix. Bring in a galant for some warrenty work and i bet you wouldnt have a problem.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sad but true
Old Dec 2, 2004, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mevolution2002
why do people think its just mitsubishi not covering warrenty claims? I had a 2003 honda civic si before my Evo and that car has syncro issues with its tranny and Honda dealers arent fixing them. Luckily for me i never had a problem with my car but they have just the same amount of problems with the dealerships fixing stuff. Same thing with subarus, go over to nasioc forum and they a specific section just for warrenty claims. I just hate when people come on here and other forums and act like mitsubishi is the only car company not fixing things under warrenty. Its just the Evo, dealerships are iffy to fix. Bring in a galant for some warrenty work and i bet you wouldnt have a problem.
I don't know, but call me crazy........See the S2000 in my sig. that I had? The #4 cyl. leaned out as well as I had the typical 2nd gear grind that was on a recall list for the 2000 models and Honda replaced the whole motor & drivetrain. The ticket price was $19K, but costs Honda $11K. This also included some wear creases on my leather seats. They didn't ask questions, they said, "Well if we build a car that is supposed to be able to rev to 9K rpm and still work properly, then we look like an *** not taking care of our customers." With these dealers here, It's lucky if I can get them to replace a clip that holds the carpet and the floormat replaced. This is a little information on what I've been through with the past fews cars and some of the experiences. Do you work for Mitsu or something?
Old Dec 2, 2004, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

dude that sucks about your car. But I can't say that I've had any problems with my dealer. they have been very cooperative with me on warranty work. Just FYI, my friend has an 01 WRX and anytime that he tries to take his car into the subaru dealer for warranty work, they almost immediatly start blaming him. also my sister has an X5 that has had numerous problems that the BMW dealer has been very hesitant to fix. trust me, its more about the dealer than the company.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Did it ever occur to you that the car may have been damaged in shipment or in delivery and repired before you recieved it ?

Those suspicious welds are something you should have a good body man look at

Sorry to hear you are having these problems
Manufacturers have policies that state that if a vehicle is damaged in transporation over X amount it will never go to a customer. If this vehicle required welding parts of the body or frame I guarantee you it was over this limit.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOTEXAS
Manufacturers have policies that state that if a vehicle is damaged in transporation over X amount it will never go to a customer. If this vehicle required welding parts of the body or frame I guarantee you it was over this limit.
Cody,

I'm getting more and more pissed by the day. I wish year was over already. 2004 has been a pain in my a$$.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JDM_EVOVIII
Cody,

I'm getting more and more pissed by the day. I wish year was over already. 2004 has been a pain in my a$$.
Hey man, I feel you. Personally, 2004 has been a great year for me but I can imagine. Just kidding. If you need your *** to feel better just contact jason@ntec. He likes asses.