Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Respect

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2004, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our evo's have been built up som much as the measuring stick that people will just find reasons to rag on it.

When you look at it no car near the money is as capable as an evo. Sti's do tend to feel they are better than us, but whatever I have never lost to one. I could care less if people respect my car, deep down after it is all said and done those people probablly wished they had gotten an evo. I respect anything that is fast and will strike up a convo with any nice car owner. Some people are not like that. Just look at the mustang crowd, they think their cars are the best thing ever built.

Paint your car lime green, get some 2f2f decals, and you will get all the respect !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 1, 2004, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mevolution2002
i totally know what youre saying man. Everyone on this forum must have been asked atleast once "why didnt you get the STI?"
9 million times a day...
Old Dec 1, 2004, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

sti's are nice...but i love my evo.....ppl in my town get jealous cuz i got one...then get mad cuz i dont race.....then call me a loser.....then say there neon is faster.....then....damn losers......but at the end of the day...i have an evo...and they dont!!! a little o/t there my bad...
Old Dec 1, 2004, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

The funny thing is, I bet STI owners get asked all the time why they didnt get a Evo. Most people who talk smack and stuff are really just dreamers and will never own either car....
Old Dec 1, 2004, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

i mean most STIs know the potential of the EVOs thats why they respect us, i respect most STis too. just too bad we are enemies....
Old Dec 1, 2004, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by r32awd
sti's are nice...but i love my evo.....ppl in my town get jealous cuz i got one...then get mad cuz i dont race.....then call me a loser.....then say there neon is faster.....then....damn losers......but at the end of the day...i have an evo...and they dont!!! a little o/t there my bad...
SRT4 Neons love to race me on the roll... they wanted to take advantage of our AWD system not performing well in the roll.... everytime, but too bad they get pulled hard everytime they try.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

I think the Sti is a cool car, but I bought an Evo. I don't see any big 'disrespect' thing going on either way, just individual preference.

Jim
Old Dec 1, 2004, 11:21 PM

I hear it all the time raging on the evo's.It's not everyday you see a 4 cyliner running what I do with 3 small mods.I guess that's the jelousey factor.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
an evo around here gets more respect than an sti.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EidolaDream
I had a guy in an srt-4 try to punch me yesterday because he lost a race. Does that count? I know..
lol, did he get out and come after you? talk about a poor sport :P

but then again, i raced a neon and wanted to punch him because i wasn't pulling on him fast enough :/ j/k

Originally Posted by burningmoney97
an evo around here gets more respect than an sti.
must be nice driving an evo in hawaii

Last edited by Wicked; Dec 1, 2004 at 11:56 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Hmmm...I get nothing but from WRX/STi drivers...no problems here...
Old Dec 2, 2004, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Everytime I see a STi owner or a WRX owner I always give them the thumbs up and I get the same, its just the rare fan boys that don't even look my way. Those SRT4 guys don't show no love at all when I see them.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mevolution2002
The funny thing is, I bet STI owners get asked all the time why they didnt get a Evo. Most people who talk smack and stuff are really just dreamers and will never own either car....
Amen to that. Most of the people talking crap around here don't even have a car!
Old Dec 2, 2004, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ev0 1
Those SRT4 guys don't show no love at all when I see them.

they just have something personal with imports.. i dont know why but every SRT4 driver i see is an @$$hoL3
Old Dec 2, 2004, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

I get that from my friends also, "why didn't you get the STI instead? They come with DCCD and a 6spd rather than the 5spd GSR"

I guess you can say my 4 pistons are supported by iron, which is more than you can say for the aluminum ones. I also like the fact that our knock sensors work at high rpm's w/o much noise interference likewise the flat 4's of the sti.

but either way, both cars are great for what they are. Best bang for the buck performance. I just have more history with the 4g63