Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Respect

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2004, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well all i can say is the wrx hit the market a year b4 the evo

any i belive americans think mitsubishi is following subi's footsteps

so alot ppl like the impreza more but most azn ppl like either the evo or the impreza

all my friend is either evo or sti
Old Dec 2, 2004, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Like someone else said, it comes down to lack of knowledge of the Evo vs the STi. People read these magazines and see the Evo has 271 hp and the STi has 300 hp and assume the STi is the faster car. They just don't realize that even stock vs stock, it's a still a tossup. Mod for Mod, you can kiss the STi good night.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

STI and EVO are both great cars and are respected as far as I know. STi and EVO are like brothers where they compete against each other but against other cars such like srt4 they root for the one another.

Due to and their quality/warranty no more for me.

Originally Posted by 4Gsixty3
SRT4 Neons love to race me on the roll... they wanted to take advantage of our AWD system not performing well in the roll.... everytime, but too bad they get pulled hard everytime they try.
Funny cuz every race story I hear from SRT4 owner is from a 40mph roll along with the price comparison. The look on an SRT4 owner's face from a roll when they get dust is priceless
Old Dec 2, 2004, 01:26 PM

Man..You guys are so hard on SRT owners. No wonders those guys gloat so much when they get a clip of their car beating another. Blah Blah just a Neon...Blah Blah just a Lancer.. Both car owner types need to realize that the base models from which their sports cars derived from were crap. Base Lancer is junk as well as the base Neon. The Evo is a beast. NO DOUBT about IT. The SRT is one of the fastest FWD's out their especially for the price which you can expect from a domestic. Both cars suit a purpose and target a particular audience. I just don't see what all the hate is about.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOLust
Man..You guys are so hard on SRT owners. No wonders those guys gloat so much when they get a clip of their car beating another. Blah Blah just a Neon...Blah Blah just a Lancer.. Both car owner types need to realize that the base models from which their sports cars derived from were crap. Base Lancer is junk as well as the base Neon. The Evo is a beast. NO DOUBT about IT. The SRT is one of the fastest FWD's out their especially for the price which you can expect from a domestic. Both cars suit a purpose and target a particular audience. I just don't see what all the hate is about.

but not hating and no haters in here. If you want to read up on hates

go here www.srt4forums.com. street racing section. This is where hating is
Old Dec 2, 2004, 01:53 PM

That's alright man :-).. That's where that bogus clip came from the in which SRT guy supposedly bribed an EVO driver with gas money to race. Then smoked the Evo driver even from a dig. That was so much bs that it was actually humorous.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 03:28 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
we're not enemies. We're like brothers who competes and fights a lot.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea i don't know how an evo driver could lose to a srt-4 stock vs stock. oh well has to be bs unless the evo is stock and the srt 4 is heavily moded