Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Are there any recalls/service bulletins for 03 EVO

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2004, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Are there any recalls/service bulletins for 03 EVO

I was wondering if there are any recalls or service bulletins for the 03 EVO. I bought mine a little over a month ago and I asked my dealer to see if there were any and they said that there wasnt. I have been reading on here that some people had a recall for a fan switch and even a few synchros in the tranny. If there are any recalls on the EVO how can I get proof of it cause they are telling me there are not any at all for it at my local dealer? Thanks in advance guys.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

i also would like to know, i have heard of a few but never got any letters from my dealer telling me that there was a recall. where can i find this information? thanks for the help
Old Dec 2, 2004, 03:07 AM
Evolving Member

yep there is one for cooling fan control, and one for the syncros. these are bulitons not recalls.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 03:38 AM
Evolved Member

The cooling fan controller was a recall, not a bulletin. Regardless, the place to get this information is a dealership. Call one and they'll run your VIN and tell you what recalls are outstanding.
-N
Old Dec 2, 2004, 04:21 AM
Evolving Member

i only got one recall notice. it was just to replace the sticker inside the door jam, which displayed the wrong weight of the car or something.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 05:45 AM
Evolving Member

wasnt there also 1 for the ECU harness or something like that?
Old Dec 2, 2004, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Keep in mind, not all recalls apply to all cars. Some apply to only specific production runs. If you're concerned about recalls, you should just call a dealership and ask. They will eventually send you a notice, assuming they have your up to date contact information, but that doesn't mean you can't call and see whenever you like.
-N
Old Dec 2, 2004, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by negativeB
i only got one recall notice. it was just to replace the sticker inside the door jam, which displayed the wrong weight of the car or something.
Yeah...I got that one, too...I'm not gonna worry about that one cuz I don't plan on hauling wood or towing a trailer with my Evo...
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by negativeB
I went to Edmunds.com and this is the only one that showed up. Like I said I went to the local dealer and had them look up the info for 03 EVOs and they said nothing was needing to be done. Is there a web page I can access so I can print it out and take it to them? My dealer here in town does not have the smartest people working there.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

if i have mods.. will they still fix the problem at no fee?????
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

I have had four things done. The first is a possible leak near the front windshild.. mine was checked and the defect did not exist. The second was the label and I ignored that until I had it in for the third which was the fan controler. The last one was the fifth gear syncro. PM , me if you need the specifics from my service records as to numbers and so forth. I took advantage of the tranny TSB, my dealer put in a new clutch flywheel at no labor (btw she is a hot blonde).
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by use2vtec
I went to Edmunds.com and this is the only one that showed up. Like I said I went to the local dealer and had them look up the info for 03 EVOs and they said nothing was needing to be done. Is there a web page I can access so I can print it out and take it to them? My dealer here in town does not have the smartest people working there.
It's possible the appropriate recalls were already done to your car before you bought. When they enter your VIN into their search, it just shows a list of outstanding recalls for them. Their intelligence has nothing to do with it.
-N
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by neilschelly
It's possible the appropriate recalls were already done to your car before you bought. When they enter your VIN into their search, it just shows a list of outstanding recalls for them. Their intelligence has nothing to do with it.
-N
They never entered my VIN number. I tried to get them to but they said that they could just pull up a list and see what was needed on all EVOs. I didnt agree with it but they insisted that was the way you checked for service bulletins and recalls. Maybe I will have to go back up there and talk to someone else.
-Leonard
Old Dec 2, 2004, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Well, that ain't right... Just call up a different dealership. They should be able to do it over the phone.
-N
Old Dec 4, 2004, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

i have called in my local dealership and they told me the bulletin/recall for the synchros is just a rumor? is this true or are they trying to bs me..?