Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car stalling..

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2004, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mine only stalls out when i coming up my driveway then quickly disengage out of first. Any ideas what that is from?
Old Dec 5, 2004, 02:57 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Usually an aftermarket intake.. the lower restriction means the blowoff from the DV and the slight amount of compressor surge reverses airflow into, or just stalls the airflow through the MAF sensor, causes the car to momentarily run lean then rich and sometimes stall.. I can see this happen on my car with the UTEC... The closed loop fueling on the car and the o2 sensor tries to compensate, and the ecu alters both the fueling and timing drastically and the car just stalls or idles really low.. If it happens without load on the engine, its usually due to VTA, Vacuum leak, a defective DV allowing air to always pass into the intake, or some issue preventing good airflow into the MAF..

Oh, another thought for the original poster.. check your MAF sensor to see if the honeycomb hasn't come loose or become damaged.. That will cause all sorts of weird idle anomolies..