Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Looks like I am in fact getting an MR.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2004, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand where you guys are coming from it is just when I think about it I dont want to buy a used Evo because of all the problems they have. And when you see a 2005 Evo with SSL and right next to it you see one of the sexiest Silver Evo MR's that you will ever see, you start to think to yourself I cant justify the reasoning in not going for the car that only costs 1000 dollars more and you just get that much more out of it. And the reason I am in the ability to be able to purchase an Evo is for the reason that my dad is selling his business that over the last 5 or so years I have invested a great deal of time and money into helping out the company. And he is giving me a deacent sized check after he sells it. And i still will be able to keep the job after he leaves which is not your usual paying delivery position pay. And when I decide to go onto an acutal school like a University the car will be about 30-50% paid off. And I will be in the position to get a nice house with a really good group of friends and be able to live my life.

I do in fact drive a hell of alot for a person my age and I believe that I have seen a great deal of how dangerous the roads can be which is all the more reason to buy a AWD handling monster instead of a Honda Civic. That and why not indulge yourself to the fullest when your young and dont have to worry about a wife or kids .
Old Dec 6, 2004, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hunterkiller
I understand where you guys are coming from it is just when I think about it I dont want to buy a used Evo because of all the problems they have. And when you see a 2005 Evo with SSL and right next to it you see one of the sexiest Silver Evo MR's that you will ever see, you start to think to yourself I cant justify the reasoning in not going for the car that only costs 1000 dollars more and you just get that much more out of it. And the reason I am in the ability to be able to purchase an Evo is for the reason that my dad is selling his business that over the last 5 or so years I have invested a great deal of time and money into helping out the company. And he is giving me a deacent sized check after he sells it. And i still will be able to keep the job after he leaves which is not your usual paying delivery position pay. And when I decide to go onto an acutal school like a University the car will be about 30-50% paid off. And I will be in the position to get a nice house with a really good group of friends and be able to live my life.

I do in fact drive a hell of alot for a person my age and I believe that I have seen a great deal of how dangerous the roads can be which is all the more reason to buy a AWD handling monster instead of a Honda Civic. That and why not indulge yourself to the fullest when your young and dont have to worry about a wife or kids .
Don't let the comments about maintenance intimidate you. try keeping the car as stock as possible and learn how to drive it properly. You will get excellent performance out of it without having to worry about something breaking. I raced my ex-sti every wekeend this year and drove it back and forth to work. In the end I put 19k miles on it in 7 months and all I did was change the oil every 5k miles. I did change my rotors to racingbrake rotors and went with ferrodo 2500 front pads for track applications. I pretty much kept the car stock and never had an issue with it.

Good luck with your evo. A lot of people F things up because of their driving habits not because of the car