Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo VII , mtv , f&f2

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2002, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by KK
We'll just have to counteract this in every way possible. Maybe we should make special evom decals that say anti-TFNTF.

Mark
I'd totally buy one of those.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by KK
This really sucks. Now everyone in an Evo is going to be labeled as "Fast and the Furious" by local police, car enthusiasts, etc just because of this movie. We'll just have to counteract this in every way possible. Maybe we should make special evom decals that say anti-TFNTF.

Mark
Whatever you come up with to counter this, I'll be all over it. I'm with you.

That is funny. At first it was Type R stickers and Mugen and what have you. Now It will be EVOLUTION stickers like someone said. We can't let this happen!!!
Old Dec 13, 2002, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I can't wait for the evolution lettering to start showing up on eBay. Surprised they aren't there yet. Someone wanna make some cash...?
Old Dec 13, 2002, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by KK
This really sucks. Now everyone in an Evo is going to be labeled as "Fast and the Furious" by local police, car enthusiasts, etc just because of this movie. We'll just have to counteract this in every way possible. Maybe we should make special evom decals that say anti-TFNTF.

Mark
I guess its up to the people of this forum to prove everybody that people who drive an Evo isnt a "Fast And The Furious" type of person.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by pisetup

I guess its up to the people of this forum to prove everybody that people who drive an Evo isnt a "Fast And The Furious" type of person.
Unfortunately, that wouldn't do too much. Sure, maybe mr. civic driver aint a ricer, but he will still be looked down upon as one. When someone sees you driving an EVO, they'll say, "That fool saw that on TF&TF and bought one" instead of, "What the hell! What car was that?". Damn, another reason I might get the STi... I dunno, but I have always hated publicity for things I own, because at one time you are the only one with it in the streets, then a second later, everyone and their mom's have one. I hate what the TF&TF does to non-ricer cars in their five-minute long 1320 street race.
Old Dec 13, 2002, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by BurnOutz

Unfortunately, that wouldn't do too much. Sure, maybe mr. civic driver aint a ricer, but he will still be looked down upon as one. When someone sees you driving an EVO, they'll say, "That fool saw that on TF&TF and bought one" instead of, "What the hell! What car was that?". Damn, another reason I might get the STi... I dunno, but I have always hated publicity for things I own, because at one time you are the only one with it in the streets, then a second later, everyone and their mom's have one. I hate what the TF&TF does to non-ricer cars in their five-minute long 1320 street race.
That is so true. In that whole half a day or so of filming, that is just enough to ruin the reputation of such a great car.

EDIT: Half a day just containing the scenes with the Evo in it. Just clarifying that a little better.
Old Dec 14, 2002, 08:52 AM

Hmm don't you guys think your kinda overreacting?? I'll bet that half the people who see the movie don't even pay attention to what kind of car it is. A lot of people didn't even figure out what kind of car vin diesel was driving in the first one. And THEN there's a people who know nothing about cars who didn't even really pay attention to the eclipse (or supra, for that matter). ANY car you buy, no matter if it's an EVO, a viper, or a civic, there'll always be people who say 'he only bought that car because of (insert lame excuse here). "that guy only bought a viper to look cool, blah blah blah). So stop whining
Old Dec 14, 2002, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

No, people pay attention. The wrong people.

Hell, there is a 4cyl. MX-6 running around my area with a giant aluminum spoiler, painted bright orange with the same decal as the Supra from TFATF. That, and a monster tach.

There are posers everywhere, and I'd prefer that they didn't use Mitsubishi as something to half-*** emulate.

On the good side of this, this could mean more aftermarket goodies for us. Maybe not good ones, but... lol.

I'm just concerned about my home state. They've been to the West Coast, now Florida... next sequel (and there will be another one, I'm sure) will probably end up either here in Texas or on the East Coast. One of the two.
Old Dec 14, 2002, 09:32 AM

hey does anyone one know where i can see a pic of that green evo 7??
Old Dec 14, 2002, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

If yall watched TRL
The star car of the movie the Fast and the Furious II is the EVO VII. Whoever said that the lancer wasn't an evo was wrong.
Old Dec 14, 2002, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Heres what i cant understand. Why are you guys so up on image? Im getting the Evo, whether its in Maxim magazine, Charlie Brown, Murphys Law, The Practice, 8 Legged Freaks, A documentary. So, you are called a ricer, oh no, then dont get the car. I cant believe you'd subside the feeling of wanting any car for so long or what have you and then trash it because its going to get a reputation. Its a material object, paint it olive for all i care, but dont not get the car cause its going to be in "a movie."
Old Dec 14, 2002, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

I agree.

The point is that there will be a backlash, and I think it's safe to say that most real enthusiasts deplore the first movie, and hate to see the second movie incorporate a favorite car.
Old Dec 14, 2002, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by StreetLancer
I agree.

The point is that there will be a backlash, and I think it's safe to say that most real enthusiasts deplore the first movie, and hate to see the second movie incorporate a favorite car.
That is where I'm coming from also. I could really care less what other people want to say, it's just annoying that people will say it anyway.

If I had the funds to get an Evo 7, damn right I'd get one. And I couldn't wait for all the revving that I'd hear at every red light. The point is, it takes away from my plan of originality.

When I was 16, I wanted a Honda. But then I saw everyone and their brother with one, so I got a Toyota instead. Last year when I got my Lancer, I got it because everyone and their brother still had a Honda, only this time they were fast and furious.

If I get an Evo 7 or 8, it will be because of the cars performance, not because the car was in a movie. I just hate the fact that people will think I got the car ONLY because I saw it in a movie.
Old Dec 14, 2002, 12:52 PM
Account Disabled

i think the EVO 7`s on F&F2 are fakies.cause look at the picture.the rear bumpers are held on by some home made brackes.and you see a rear dif but no driveshaft
Attached Thumbnails Evo VII , mtv , f&f2-10.jpg  
Old Dec 14, 2002, 01:02 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

I'm not concerned with reputation or image, I'm concerned with becoming a prime target for cops. With street racing becoming such a heated topic, cops are going to start looking at our cars more often, spotting little things here and there. I'd hate getting a fix-it ticket every other week.

Mark

Quick Reply: Evo VII , mtv , f&f2