Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Kids are amazing!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2004, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Younger kids appreciate it. Older kids, say 16-17, that drive Mustang Cobras don't.

2 kids pulled up to me at a light in a their Mustang, look over and say "got rice?" and laughed loudly. Real original. Didn't think kids still said that crap. So I turned to them as the light was getting ready to turn green and said "got traction?" then proceeded to leave their *** at the light. Great stuff.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 06:13 PM

I got a call from the school once because my 7 year old said "My daddy is a computer geek and my mommy is a mountain street racer".

Both my soms call have got me into uncomfortable situations by calling people ricers.
The 10 year old became more of a smart *** about it, asking people things like "Why did you put that great big wing on your front wheel drive car?"
Old Dec 8, 2004, 07:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stvbreal
Younger kids appreciate it. Older kids, say 16-17, that drive Mustang Cobras don't.

2 kids pulled up to me at a light in a their Mustang, look over and say "got rice?" and laughed loudly. Real original. Didn't think kids still said that crap. So I turned to them as the light was getting ready to turn green and said "got traction?" then proceeded to leave their *** at the light. Great stuff.
Thats a good one
Old Dec 8, 2004, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

Little kids always look at Evos, especially when you’re stopped at a red light.

I was sitting down at a local tapioca store with some friends when a girl (12-14 years old) walks in and says "Hey did you notice that red car with the ugly spoiler?" to her friend. I look outside expecting to see a riced out civic or something of that nature but then I realized that I was the only red car with a spoiler in the parking lot.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice story
Old Dec 8, 2004, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Last week on my way home i was driving throught the school zove by my house a kid about 8-9 years old stoped dead in his tracs and stared at me. Then he said (i could read his lips) "Ohh, ****!" I couldn't stop from laughing.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

i didn't even know the f-word existed until the 5th grade
Old Dec 8, 2004, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I was young I remember pestering a neighbor that just bought Superbird. Yeah I'm that old.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

once while on a drive to the mall in my dads gt2 this kid like 11 came up to me and like asked me so much about the car, like basic things but things i wouldnt expect him to know, like does that have the pccb (porsche carbon composite break) option and other things i was amazed.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

crap...im 12 man..
Old Dec 9, 2004, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

haha good then, wish i loved cars when i was 12
Old Dec 9, 2004, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Great Thread

This is one of the greatest threads I have read in a while.
It just goes to show that Video Games do have an impact.
Which is why Hideo Kojima is bringing out GT4 boys edition, it susposed to be a slightly watered down version of GT4 , but it will have an element to teach and educate youngsters on the various cars, at least the next generation won't be stuck watching boring NASCAR,
Maybe Speed Vision needs to air next seasons WRC at an earlier time for youngsters to be able to watch, and learn, maybe it will make better drivers in the future, and maybe WRC and rallying in general will make it into a main stream sport, and kick sadcar off the air.
Doubt that would happen but stranger things have happened.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

When I got my EVO, my 13 year old went around telling people and his buddies that I just recently purchased a lancer. They all laughed and told him how gay a Lancer was and gave him a lot of crap for it. One day I drop him off at school and all the middle school kids that were all standing around and chatting just stopped and turned heads towards my car. There was pointing,wispering and leaning over and under to get a good look at my car. When I went to pick him up later in the SUV, he said it was the most embarrasing day of his life because everyone was staring at him for no reason when I dropped him off. I thought that was funny as hell becuase he doesn't realize that I own an EVO not a lancer.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Samdiver74
This is one of the greatest threads I have read in a while.
It just goes to show that Video Games do have an impact.
Which is why Hideo Kojima is bringing out GT4 boys edition, it susposed to be a slightly watered down version of GT4 , but it will have an element to teach and educate youngsters on the various cars, at least the next generation won't be stuck watching boring NASCAR,
Maybe Speed Vision needs to air next seasons WRC at an earlier time for youngsters to be able to watch, and learn, maybe it will make better drivers in the future, and maybe WRC and rallying in general will make it into a main stream sport, and kick sadcar off the air.
Doubt that would happen but stranger things have happened.

Hideo Kojima is not working on GT4, he s the creator of metal gear solid series, he has nothing to do with sony nor poliphony who develop grand tourismo 4 just FYI

Anyways yeh kids are so funny, few years ago while driving my type r some kid in a car with his mom at a red light told me "nice car! Do you want to be my dad?" lol i looked at the mom which was fine but she was really blushing lol good times
Old Dec 10, 2004, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTKage
Hideo Kojima is not working on GT4, he s the creator of metal gear solid series, he has nothing to do with sony nor poliphony who develop grand tourismo 4 just FYI

Anyways yeh kids are so funny, few years ago while driving my type r some kid in a car with his mom at a red light told me "nice car! Do you want to be my dad?" lol i looked at the mom which was fine but she was really blushing lol good times
Best post. Ever.