Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

which route to choose.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2004, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which route to choose.

bought my evo in august....paid it off yesterday. The mod bug is biting my ***. It is an 04 with 11k miles (commute to work 6 days a week). I want to add a little bit to it without going overbored now that I've gotten used to the stock power. Keep in mind- its my only car and daily driver so I want reliability. Any suggestions on what to do? Specific parts that have worked for you that have had 0 negative issues?
Old Dec 9, 2004, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im in the same boat as you are. Paid cash for my car and now im researching on what mods I should do as well. Of course for me would be exhaust, boost controller, cams, standalone ecu, intake and guages for now. I guess it really depends on how much your willing to spend on it. My goals is slightly different from yours though, im going for 450whp driven daily  For me to reach that goal the list will go on so right now im just taking it easy.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I couldn't be happier with my mods (better than stock drivability): turbo back exhaust, Mail-in flash, and an electronic boost controller. I believe they are the best "bang for your buck" modifications. If you decide to go with an aftermarket intake system, then do some research before you make a purchase (some are good, many are bad), good luck.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

I went with Buschur Parts and service with a Dynoflash. I am very happy with my car and have had ZERO problems with it. It is a daily driver and I did 4 track events last year. It has help up wonderfully. The Buschur website has their suggested upgrade path and the upgrade sequence builds upon itself.

I highly recommend their parts and their work.

-Doug
Old Dec 9, 2004, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Chat with a tuner, discuss what you want from the car, follow his advice and stick with him.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry can't give you specifics. It depends on your preference and driving style. Plus better stuff is always coming out. But here's somthing to start with:

- Turbo timer
- Boost gauge
- Cat-back
- Fuel pump and maybe fuel pressure gauge
- MBC
- Downpipe
- Test pipe or high-flow cat
- Air filter, Oil Temp and Pressure gauges
- Turbo intake pipe and breather
- LSD
- Piggy-back and/or wideband, EBC if no piggy-back
- Upper intercooler piping and blow-off/diverter valve (maybe battery reloc or redux too)
- FMIC and lower intercooler piping
- Exhaust header and EGR gauge
- Flash
- FPR and injectors
- Cams
- Radiator and temp gauge
- Stand-alone ECU
- Intake header and throttle body
- Turbo kit
- New car

Nevertheless I'll shamelessly plug Buschur: http://www.buschurracing.com/EVOPAGE1.html