Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is there a JDM EVO GSR badge?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2004, 02:10 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Enyth
isnt the standard evo 8 sold in the American market as the luxury street version as well?

by your details, then the US doesnt have ANY "real" type of evo at all. as you said before, the RS shouldnt come with A/C, but it does in the states, BUT its still sold as an RS. but i guess we dont really have an RS by your standards. along with the MR. we dont have the S-AYC, head and tail lights, etc etc. but its still called the MR. but i guess its not a real MR either just like our "standard" and RS. who the hell cares?? its just a frickin name for God's sake.

plus i think the reason people got offended was because of the way you portrayed your post and the way people took it, thats all.

and yes this is very

he was asking about a GSR badge, not the definition of a GSR
I never intended to offend anybody with my post, English isn’t my first language and even if I consider myself pretty god at it I might miss out on small nuances and ways to put words. I’m sorry about that. And in regards to the GSR issue it’s such a specific model with specific features as I’ve described before. There are no variants of it any were and it’s only sold in Japan so to me your use of the GSR name could make people confused. The RS and RS2 come in lots of different versions and specs but the GSR is so far one of a kind. Still it’s just a name but on the other had lots of things in the world would be very confusing if we started to use names for them that could easily be misunderstood. I’m speaking in a global sense here now since there are a lot of people from outside the that roam this forum.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 05:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Enyth
isnt the standard evo 8 sold in the American market as the luxury street version as well?

by your details, then the US doesnt have ANY "real" type of evo at all. as you said before, the RS shouldnt come with A/C, but it does in the states, BUT its still sold as an RS. but i guess we dont really have an RS by your standards. along with the MR. we dont have the S-AYC, head and tail lights, etc etc. but its still called the MR. but i guess its not a real MR either just like our "standard" and RS. who the hell cares?? its just a frickin name for God's sake.

plus i think the reason people got offended was because of the way you portrayed your post and the way people took it, thats all.

and yes this is very

he was asking about a GSR badge, not the definition of a GSR
Yeah! What he said....
Old Dec 16, 2004, 05:33 AM
Evolving Member

The point is that if you didn't know: All USDM EVO's no matter which model, doesn't come with AYC. It's sucks for us, so I'm not bragging. I apologize if I went off the deep end as well.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my car is not converted. its original LHD. I think it came from europe....maybe germany? coz theres this german word on the radiator.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by x7eVoLuTiOn7x
my car is not converted. its original LHD. I think it came from europe....maybe germany? coz theres this german word on the radiator.
My car definitely came from Germany, I know since I went there to pick it up myself One odd thing though is that the instruments were in MPH, both odo and main speedo markings.

So how many countries has LHD vehicles and miles per hour instruments? Only the US? Did yours also come with MPH instruments? I changed mine to the Ralliart 300km/h/10,000rpm instrument cluster when the car was new but still it made me a bit confused since the 7 never got to the US, maybe it could have been cars intended for the US market but never got approved there and then were shipped to Europe instead?

BTW, what German word is on the radiator and where is it located?
Old Dec 16, 2004, 07:35 AM

EVO GSR's IV, V, VI came with the 1800cc turbo awd.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 07:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOVII_SWE
My car definitely came from Germany, I know since I went there to pick it up myself One odd thing though is that the instruments were in MPH, both odo and main speedo markings.

So how many countries has LHD vehicles and miles per hour instruments? Only the US? Did yours also come with MPH instruments? I changed mine to the Ralliart 300km/h/10,000rpm instrument cluster when the car was new but still it made me a bit confused since the 7 never got to the US, maybe it could have been cars intended for the US market but never got approved there and then were shipped to Europe instead?

BTW, what German word is on the radiator and where is it located?
I think it says ACHTUNG? on the radiator part....i'll check tom, since its 12 midnight here right now.
My speedo has MPH & KMH. The MPH writing is bigger than the KPH. In the philippines we use kph. sometimes I forget about the MPH thinking im still in the kph....going 100 plus MPH....

BTW, im gonna be changing my front, rear differential, transmission fluids soon. Just wanna make sure I dont drain the wrong fluids. can you post some illustrations or pics to where is the drain plugs & fill plugs. I dont wanna end up draining my AYC instead of my rear diff. Or adding rear diff fluid to my AYC. That would be a NIGHTMARE! Thanks!
Old Dec 16, 2004, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ÿêõ
EVO GSR's IV, V, VI came with the 1800cc turbo awd.
They most definitely did not, all true EVO’s has the 2L 4G63 engine. However, in the old EVO1-3 shape there was a RHD car with 1,8L engine just called Lancer GSR but it's not an EVO.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

I think it says ACHTUNG? on the radiator part....i'll check tom, since its 12 midnight here right now.
My speedo has MPH & KMH. The MPH writing is bigger than the KPH. In the philippines we use kph. sometimes I forget about the MPH thinking im still in the kph....going 100 plus MPH....

BTW, im gonna be changing my front, rear differential, transmission fluids soon. Just wanna make sure I dont drain the wrong fluids. can you post some illustrations or pics to where is the drain plugs & fill plugs. I dont wanna end up draining my AYC instead of my rear diff. Or adding rear diff fluid to my AYC. That would be a NIGHTMARE! Thanks!

That sounds possible as it would say “WARNING” then, I haven’t noticed any sticker on my radiator but on the other hand I really didn’t look for one.

The MPH markings was also bigger on my speedo and I thought it didn’t matter that much until I realized that the odometer i.e. the road distance also was in miles. I didn’t use my car as my every day driver so I just though it had a very poor fuel consumption as I didn’t realize that for ever 1km I thought I drove actually drove 1,6km. Do you know if your odometer reads in miles or km?

Hmm, sorry but I don’t have any pics of that but I’ll get the EVO8 workshop manual tonight and I could try to find the relevant information in there and mail the pdf files to you? If I don’t get the VIII manual I already have the VI’s and it looks much the same so you could at least get that. Do you have an e-mail address that would cope with large attachments?
Old Dec 16, 2004, 08:46 AM

They most definitely did not, all true EVO’s has the 2L 4G63 engine. However, in the old EVO1-3 shape there was a RHD car with 1,8L engine just called Lancer GSR but it's not an EVO.
You are correct...my bad...All Evo's have the 4G63T
All the earlier Lancer GSR variations of the Evo came with the 1800cc (4g93t).

Did u know the 4G63T started here..
1984 Lancer 2000 Turbo

Later G63B 2-litre intercooled engine had different ECU,
and developed 177 bhp up from 168 bhp (non-intercooled)

Brief specs. for 1984 Lancer 1800 GSR (Rear Wheel Drive) -
Engine - G62B SOHC / 1,795 cc
................- Intercooled / Turbocharged / Throttle-body Fuel Injection
Power - 160 ps (159 bhp SAE) @ 5,800 rpm
Torque - 22.0 Kg.-m (159 lb.-ft) @ 3,800 rpm

Last edited by Ÿêõ; Dec 16, 2004 at 08:52 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

That sounds possible as it would say “WARNING” then, I haven’t noticed any sticker on my radiator but on the other hand I really didn’t look for one.

The MPH markings was also bigger on my speedo and I thought it didn’t matter that much until I realized that the odometer i.e. the road distance also was in miles. I didn’t use my car as my every day driver so I just though it had a very poor fuel consumption as I didn’t realize that for ever 1km I thought I drove actually drove 1,6km. Do you know if your odometer reads in miles or km?

Hmm, sorry but I don’t have any pics of that but I’ll get the EVO8 workshop manual tonight and I could try to find the relevant information in there and mail the pdf files to you? If I don’t get the VIII manual I already have the VI’s and it looks much the same so you could at least get that. Do you have an e-mail address that would cope with large attachments?
I think my odo is in miles. My yahoo email I think would not work w/ large files. We can try it. I was looking at some pics of EVO 8's & the rear differential looks different from mine. Maybe coz I got ACD/AYC.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

I think my odo is in miles. My yahoo email I think would not work w/ large files. We can try it. I was looking at some pics of EVO 8's & the rear differential looks different from mine. Maybe coz I got ACD/AYC.

Please drop me a PM with your address and I'll try to send a few of the files, don't think they are that large. And yes, the rear diff would look different if you have AYC.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 02:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ooooooooooooook this thread is going no where.

anyways... there is some sort of jdm gsr badge, i've seen it before, i think its black and red. I want one definitely
Old Dec 18, 2004, 01:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NOLIMITMOTORS
ooooooooooooook this thread is going no where.

anyways... there is some sort of jdm gsr badge, i've seen it before, i think its black and red. I want one definitely
Yes there is , i've seen it, the last one came out on a V, or VI i think (here we go again), how do i know for sure, check your Gran Turismo 3 and read the word that scroll across the bottom on every evo.
I'll look online for abadge for you so this thread can stop going off topic.
Old Dec 18, 2004, 01:41 AM
Evolved Member

do you mean these?

Quick Reply: Is there a JDM EVO GSR badge?