Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is there a JDM EVO GSR badge?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2004, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there a JDM EVO GSR badge?

Not the:

EVOLUTION VIII one

I could have sworn I've seen one.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

no, its just like the US badge. I believe the only diff is that their badge is seperated as in "Lancer" on one side and "Evolution" on the other.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

K, thanks......I just thought I saw a GSR badge on one.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Maybe you saw the GT-A badging on the front grill?
Old Dec 9, 2004, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nrcooled
Maybe you saw the GT-A badging on the front grill?
Maybe that was it. Any pics...?
Old Dec 9, 2004, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brian, we will hook you up with that rainbow colored Pokemon sticker you ordered this weekend ok?
Old Dec 9, 2004, 03:34 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
damn, when did i miss out on the rainbow colored pokemon sticker? Could I get the Pikachu sticker??! PLEASE!@!@@@
Old Dec 10, 2004, 12:50 AM
Evolving Member

A bit off topic but not entirely. Just out of curiosity, what makes you guys think you have GSR’s over there? As far as I know the GSR have never been sold outside Japan. All GSR comes with automatic A/C and has never been manufactured as LHD vehicles. Of course there are grey imports in RHD countries like the UK, New Zealand, Australia and a few other.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 01:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there is a badge, i think it's either on the IV, V, or VI. you gonna have to get it from japan though.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOVII_SWE
A bit off topic but not entirely. Just out of curiosity, what makes you guys think you have GSR’s over there? As far as I know the GSR have never been sold outside Japan. All GSR comes with automatic A/C and has never been manufactured as LHD vehicles. Of course there are grey imports in RHD countries like the UK, New Zealand, Australia and a few other.
It's just an easy and quick way to identify what type of Evo we have. I understand that we never received the GSR but for forum purposes it makes it easier to identify who has what.

The Evolution M naming convention:

GSR - standard Evo VIII
RS - striped model w/ AC
MR - duh! it a MR

again its just a way to quickly" describe what you have in stead of having to say "I have a regular Evo VIII" you can say a "I have a GSR"
Old Dec 10, 2004, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

Ouch! Easy there killer...the EVO VIII is known as the GSR model, so therefor, I was asking about which model has that emblem. If you were offended by the topic, don't post. I'm a car nutt, not a ricer...assuming will get you no where.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

Just out of curiosity, what makes you guys think you have GSR’s over there? As far as I know the GSR have never been sold outside Japan.
When did I say I had a JDM GSR EVO VIII?
Old Dec 11, 2004, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nrcooled
It's just an easy and quick way to identify what type of Evo we have. I understand that we never received the GSR but for forum purposes it makes it easier to identify who has what.

The Evolution M naming convention:

GSR - standard Evo VIII
RS - striped model w/ AC
MR - duh! it a MR

again its just a way to quickly" describe what you have in stead of having to say "I have a regular Evo VIII" you can say a "I have a GSR"
Ok, but as there actually is something like a true GSR to me this just seem to make things complicated and you have the possibility of misunderstandings? Why not just refer the standard EVO8 as just an EVO8 then?
Old Dec 11, 2004, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JDM_EVOVIII
Ouch! Easy there killer...the EVO VIII is known as the GSR model, so therefor, I was asking about which model has that emblem. If you were offended by the topic, don't post. I'm a car nutt, not a ricer...assuming will get you no where.
Originally Posted by JDM_EVOVIII
When did I say I had a JDM GSR EVO VIII?
Ehhh, what did I assume??? And what on earth made you think I was offended by the topic? I also clearly stated my post to be slightly OT but obviously I would have needed to be more precise. I have seen at several occasions on this board US EVO8’s to be regarded as GSR’s and that’s what I was asking about? I know there is some confusion about the spec of different EVO models but I’ve never seen any confusion about the GSR until now. And I never said anything about you having a JDM GSR EVO VIII but your name “JDM EVO VIII” makes me wonder a bit what kind of EVO you actually have? Then, putting emblems on a car showing something more than it really is makes me think of an expression we have in Sweden and that is “emblem tuning” like when somebody with a N/A engine puts a Turbo sticker on the back of his car or a BMW 316 with a 330 badge.

There have really been only three official EVO model designations, GSR, RS and RS2. The MR is more like an EVO 8,5 much like the TME was often referred to as a 6,5. The GSR has automatic A/C with an LCD display and was only sold in the Japanese market as the luxury street version. A pure RS would never have had A/C and when the first LHD EVO6 came intended for street use it was actually based on a LHD RS but equipped with some comfort extras like manual A/C, power windows central locking etc. but it had no ABS brakes, no AYC and not even Recaro seats, I know because I had one of them back in 99-00 and it was called an RS2. With the LHD 7 and 8 the RS2 became much more like the GSR with Recaros, AYC/ACD and ABS brakes but still without automatic A/C and still they carried the name RS2. Finally the GSR has never been produced as LHD so the US EVO8 could never be a GSR.
Old Dec 11, 2004, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

one of teh mechanics at mitsu dealership has the gsr badge..its black/red...i duhno if that is the jdm version or just a commercial verion, ill ask next time i'm there.

Quick Reply: Is there a JDM EVO GSR badge?