Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How many Evos sold in US

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2004, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many Evos sold in US

Does anyone have an idea of how many have been sold? I wonder how Evos are doing compared to STi's.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As I understand it, The STi has a fixed production number (5000?) which are produced each year for the US market. The Evo is a little more complicated. There are about 700 RSs, 1000 MRs, and the GSRs are built on demand (with capacity at 7500) for 05.

http://www.aiada.org/article.asp?id=20754

d
Old Dec 9, 2004, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"The decline in total volume compared to last year reflects our strategic decision to...reduce reliance on fleet sales. We know it will take time for improved retail sales to replace reported fleet sales, but we remain committed to patiently rebuilding our retail business and brand, one car at a time."

That basically mean margins are poor. I never buy direct from salesguys because they annoy me. Rather I deal w/fleet managers and/or internet sales managers. They make commisions based on total volume rather than commisions per individual sale. That usually translates into less BS when trying to extract a straight-forward answer out of a straight-forward question. Two words you'll never hear from a salesguy...yes or no.