Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evolution MR Segment on Speed Channel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2004, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evo_whiplash
I also heard that NASCAR purchased Speed channel and they are setting it up so that 50% of programing will be NASCAR related.
You're half right. FOX purchased SpeedVision around four years ago. FOX has major rights and investments in NASCAR, so naturally it will use Speed as the avenue to exercise that investment, hense the large variety of NASCAR programming on Speed.

But there is also a logical reason for amount of NASCAR programming. While we here all appreciate road racing like WRC, Formula One, AMA, MotoGP, Le Mans......the viewership in North America for these series pale in comparision with the audience that NASCAR generates, which last year was dubbed the fastest growing sport in North America.

So with such profitability from NASCAR and FOX's connection with the series, the network is naturally going to cater to the majority. Likewise in Europe, NASCAR and IRL get coverage but it takes a back seat to F1, WRC and MotoGP.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by plokivos
one thing. You better make the show exciting, with a lot of tests and always showing the car driving close ups.

Like Top Gear! And do a cool comparison with STI and STR-4 with Evo MR. Talk about the japanese market and european market.

Talk about the warranty issue, like an investigation journalist.

Talk about aftermarket support with other modded evos.

Don't say, "the handling is great... blah blah blah" say, "the aluminum suspension components, blah blah blah" get technical, most people on this thread is very technical and will spot a bs quickly.

Once you do this and make it as an hour show, I'll watch it.

Stay tuned then......
The budget our show got is just a scratch compared to what Top Gear got from the BBC. If I ever have the privledge of big network backing, I'll take your suggestions into consideration. So all I could do was maximize our resources and make every cent count.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

aluu I will be sure to watch it. Thanks for the heads up by coming on this site to tell us about it.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

Ahh, no wonder I've barely seen any WRC coverage lately.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

I have no prob with a nascar race being on each weekend, thats cool. but reruns and other dumb nascar shows thats just too much for me
Old Dec 9, 2004, 07:48 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
speed channel now. "Look at all those purdy cars go in circles! It sure is purdy."
Old Dec 9, 2004, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by MYEVOVIII
aluu I will be sure to watch it. Thanks for the heads up by coming on this site to tell us about it.
Thanks man! I just love cars and want nothing more than to share that passion and enthusiasm with others.

Last edited by aluu; Dec 9, 2004 at 08:16 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the heads up. I set my TiVo to record it.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 06:04 AM

Hey you can still see WRC on Speed Channel they cover every event you just have to keep track of the dates. One thing I have not figured out on Nascar is why dont they put some kind on steering wheel lock to turn the car for them? Why? LOL...