Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Immobilizer for Evo ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2004, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Immobilizer for Evo ?

I was just made aware of the immobilizer code for the evo and with my surprize I think it was never given to me when my car was purchased. Can anyone tell me or post a picture of it, so I can see what it looks like. I have been told it like a credit card or a small metal tag. Hope you all have yours.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it was a little metal tag attached to one of your original key rings/ keyless entry keys. mine is at home. really small tag, about 1/4 inch by half inch with 4 numbers on it.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 05:50 PM

thanks, now I am sure I didn't receive it.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 05:59 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
you could always have it looked up by mitsubishi corporate office of the dealership. All you need is the vin number and proof of purchase.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

what do you need code for? there are ways around the code for certain things. i.e. programming new keyless, programming new keys. look it up under the how to section.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That might just be your key code. The immobilizer override code is usually not written anywhere in the cars documentation, but has to be looked up at a dealership computer. You have to use either the last eight of the VIN or your ECU's serial number to get it. Then if you lose a key and have to use a copied key to crank your car (one without a chip) then you have to tap the code in with the brake pedal. This is obviously not easy and I *think* this option has been done away with on most, if not all the cars. If that little white and grey card with the four empty boxes and instructions describing this procedure didn't come with the car, then you don't have it. Then, only a real Mitsu key can supposedly crank your car.

Last edited by GPTourer; Dec 9, 2004 at 06:14 PM.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 06:14 PM

I don't the need the code but would like to have it just incase it's needed in the future. I am planning to get back to the dealer on this issue. At the time of purchase the selling dealer had to get this car from another dealer and maybe that's how the code got lost. Thanks again for the followup and feedback.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 12:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrbkkt1
it was a little metal tag attached to one of your original key rings/ keyless entry keys. mine is at home. really small tag, about 1/4 inch by half inch with 4 numbers on it.
i thought that was the key code. in case you loose your key you get a new one with that code that will work
Old Dec 10, 2004, 01:15 AM
Evolved Member

m ine actually has 5 numbers on it. it identifies the key cut pattern i think. after that, you program the new key to your car. you don't really need a "code" for any other thing on the car. there are ways to program both the key, and the keyless remote. in other words, someone couldn't just ge your code, and make a key w/out you knowing and steal your car. cause you need the key and the car to make a key.