Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

!@@#$ DYNOflashed !@#%#

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2004, 04:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this the standard flash, or custom tuned flash? 3-4 minutes, I'm guessing standard $199 flash (or whatever it costs now).
Old Dec 10, 2004, 04:35 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, sounds like something I really need done. How many people have done it thru the mail with good results? My mods are only, hks rs intake, turbo xs bov, greddy catch can and apexi safc I.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 04:57 AM

damn this is a must for an evo, stock or upgraded seriously, i should of done this along time ago. ill most likely do in the mail flash, i just dont know if it will be the same.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

For a stock car I recommend the "through the mail" flash. For a car with mods (Intake/Boost/Exhaust) I recommend the custom. Al really brought out the beast in my car when it was stock then he topped it off with a custom after my mods. The car is pretty damn fast now!
Old Dec 10, 2004, 05:52 AM

well if i get my greddy bov in 3 days, and my injen or greddy cat next week, and 255 lph walbro fuel pump, i would be pretty well off for a while getting that flashed right. or should i also get the hks intake and some other stuff(recommendations).....
Old Dec 10, 2004, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

[rant]
What is the obsession that EvoM'ers have with BOV. The stock works awesome and the extra noise is retarded. You are just attempting to introduce more possible problems in your car....then on top of that you get NO performance gain
[/rant]

I would say get all your mods on before getting flashed. I got the through the mail to give me a little boost until I could get the mods that I wanted. Then I got my MBC, intake, and turboback on then got a custom. I am so happy with the current state of tune on the car that I refuse to change anything. Except maybe some cam gears to get a little more on top
Old Dec 10, 2004, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

You should wait untill you're going to do some mods because now you just have to get it reflashed again once you get mods.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 07:04 AM
Evolving Member

tru but im not planing on moddin my car until the end of the summer 2005 when i save up some $$ b/c right now all my mod $$ is for my payments ..:/
Old Dec 10, 2004, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

his customer rep isnt so smooth but yes for the price he offers, his tuners are a great bang for the buck.... with a simple manual boost control in there, he can work magic on a stock evo
Old Dec 10, 2004, 07:11 AM
Account Disabled

Talking

Hey all, I have a simple question.

Did anyone have any problems with thier cars after the flash ? If not in the short term, what about in the long term ?

I wanted to flash my car, but I choose not too since I got some feeback from some people that had the flash done. They had some strange things happening with their cars. I heared it from 4 different people who didn't know each other and they all had the same problems almost. Please let me know if you guys had any problems......
Old Dec 10, 2004, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

What are the problems that they are having? The thing is to make sure its not the mods that are causing the problem to ensure that it is, in fact, the flash that is creating the problem.

I had my car flashed right after the breakin period and it's been great since. Then I got my custom tune.

1st Flash was done with 600miles on the odometer (K&N filter and walbro 255lph)
2nd done with 8k on the odo (Helix/Apexi' turboback exhaust, AEM intake, MBC @ 21 PSI)

I am now at 14k and I have had no problems (other then my AEM intake that creates some idle issues that Al made much better but they are still not completely gone)
Old Dec 10, 2004, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

The stock BOV is a piece of crap. Very few tuners keep it on the car, Buschur even gives you a new one when u buy their upper intercooler piping.

When I put my new one on, I realized I was leaking .2 bar.

I got dynoflashed, and at first I was happy with it, but then I started modding again, and I didn't feel like spending another $350 to have a stock ECU retuned.

I really wish I had just been smart and got an AEM EMS, but that's just me.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Out of curiosity: do you guys see better or worse gas-milage after the dynoflash? If it's better that would indicate to me it really does make the engine more efficient, if worse I guess it's just too much fun to stay off the throttle . Post up, I'm really curious, especially for a stock Evo that has been flashed.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

It's definately better when you can resist the temptation to stay off the gas pedal, trouble is the urge to drive with a lead right foot is way too much to handle.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

When I just had the pump and drop in my gas mileage was definately better. It went from about 210 miles-per-tank to about 230 miles-per-tank