Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

picking up in 5th question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2004, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question picking up in 5th question

Ok I notice when I am on the highway going about 70 or so when I want to pick up strong (without downshifting) the car seems to respond best to a little less that 1/2 a pedal gas. If I go more it still picks up strong but not quite as much. So what I am wondering is this normal or could it be related to my mods. HKS RS Intake, HKS EIDS, Greddy Type S VTA, 3in exhuast and down pipe (with factory cat). Any ideas would be appericated, 03 evo 8
Old Dec 10, 2004, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

at half throttle ur car is probably running a bit leaner which would explain the better performance vs full throttle where the ecu dumps fuel like crazy. with lil tunning u can get that fixed.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GTKage
at half throttle ur car is probably running a bit leaner which would explain the better performance vs full throttle where the ecu dumps fuel like crazy. with lil tunning u can get that fixed.
Yeah that's what I have been thinking about getting it tuned that is.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

I've noticed the same thing on my '03. If I'm cruising in 5th gear at say 3k, you can start to step into it and it will get full boost at probably 1/2 throttle. If you then stuff it to the floor it doesn't pull any harder. If it's already at full boost, that's as hard as it will pull.

Seems like when you really stuff the thing it almost wants to start to vent bost sooner than it does at partial throttle input.

Just my $.02