Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

why are so many people getting rid of their evo's??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2004, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just like me... I'm sick of my slow Lancer.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by aznflip2o6
just like me... I'm sick of my slow Lancer.

Trade it in on an EVO
Old Dec 10, 2004, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Enyth
future, family, and house
well said !
Old Dec 10, 2004, 03:51 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I also notice alot of modified cars getting sold.. I'm sure they wouldn't admit this, but I think these big turbo cars end up being no fun to drive, then they sell them when they realize the headaches they have to deal with.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 03:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OneFastEVO
Trade it in on an EVO
Wanna Trade?
Old Dec 10, 2004, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

I may be the only one here...but I picked up my Evo, my first "supercar" as it were, and loved it for a while. After driving the car everyday, I got used to the car and it didn't feel all that fast anymore. Of course, this is where most people start throwing go-fast-goodies at it. I then realized that for what I paid for an Evo plus $10k in modifications, I could own a Porsche, an NSX, an older Ferrari, etc.

Another reason in the back of my mind is the uncertainty of Mitsu's future. I have also had several problems with my car and the dealer has been a ***** about nearly every one.

I have since changed my mind and ordered go-fast-bits for the Evo and I bought a cheap-*** rustbucket to drive daily so when I drive my Evo now, it's a pleasure and not the "everyday norm" I will get a Porsche next time!

P.s. The Porsche 911 Turbo was and is my absolute favorite car in the world. It has been since I was like 5 years old. After paying nearly $30k for my evo, a friend that works at an exotic car dealer told me he had a silver 99 Carrera with black leather for $39k. I was a little heartbroken! I was so close!
Old Dec 10, 2004, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by aznflip2o6
Wanna Trade?

Nope.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Old Dec 10, 2004, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

the evo for me is a great car, but i wont keep it forever. mostly those being sold were bought in 03 when they first came out, and now those owners are tired of them. its called evolution.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 05:28 PM
Evolved Member

yup well said josh... And I think people are sick of Mitsu's crap too they people want cars that are reliable and well backed not cars they gatta drop a new clutch in every few months and deal with the mitsu corp that wont back their product...

I for one will not be buying another mitsu product.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evillusion
I may be the only one here...but I picked up my Evo, my first "supercar" as it were, and loved it for a while. After driving the car everyday, I got used to the car and it didn't feel all that fast anymore. Of course, this is where most people start throwing go-fast-goodies at it. I then realized that for what I paid for an Evo plus $10k in modifications, I could own a Porsche, an NSX, an older Ferrari, etc.

Another reason in the back of my mind is the uncertainty of Mitsu's future. I have also had several problems with my car and the dealer has been a ***** about nearly every one.

I have since changed my mind and ordered go-fast-bits for the Evo and I bought a cheap-*** rustbucket to drive daily so when I drive my Evo now, it's a pleasure and not the "everyday norm" I will get a Porsche next time!

P.s. The Porsche 911 Turbo was and is my absolute favorite car in the world. It has been since I was like 5 years old. After paying nearly $30k for my evo, a friend that works at an exotic car dealer told me he had a silver 99 Carrera with black leather for $39k. I was a little heartbroken! I was so close!

where in TN are you from?
Old Dec 10, 2004, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Sentinal
yup well said josh... And I think people are sick of Mitsu's crap too they people want cars that are reliable and well backed not cars they gatta drop a new clutch in every few months and deal with the mitsu corp that wont back their product...
agreed

I for one will not be buying another mitsu product
you and me both im contemplating getting rid of all the mitsus I own .. but we wil see
Old Dec 10, 2004, 11:14 PM

Bought a used Chevy Metro as a daily driver and keep my evo in the garage now..
Old Dec 10, 2004, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know why anyone would get rid of an EVO. My daily driver is an '04 Audi S4 sedan (340 hp V8, awd & 6MT). It cost almost $49,000. My track and weekend street car is an '04 EVO RS. I like the EVO way better than the S4. And it cost me about $26,000. Go figure.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 11:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Evillusion,

Don't feel bad about the Porsche issue, I had a 911 (964)Porsche Carrera 4 Cabriolet, yeah it was fun and it was nice but my EVO MR is just superior.
The 99 996' Carrera is the most devaluated 911 Porsche ever made, I was also looking for one when I sold my WRX but lucky me that I went for a test drive on the only MR in town at the time and I drove away with the MR the next day.

$39k for the 99 996 Carrera is not a great deal at all, unfortunately as I said before the 996 is the most devaluated 911 Porsche ever made and even the previous model 993( from 95-98) has a better value and reputation.

Yes, I know, the Porsches are the bomb, mine came with stock adjustable coilovers, 13" brakes with 4 piston caliper and Mark IV sport ABS, great handling, great seat, great gas mileage, great torque, great Tranny(G-50) but again the EVO MR is more fun.

Please take your time to go to both dealers and do a test drive, al least drive the new 05's however if you ever get the Porche carrera get the 2002 or newer model because they are a thrill and they a newer facelift.

Good luck with them. Ohhh I forgot, since I have my MR I had one friend already trading in his 03EVO and getting one MR and tomorrow another of my friend is determine to trade in his Scion for a new EvO MR.

Isn't something!!!

Quick Reply: why are so many people getting rid of their evo's??