Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

F@#$ NYPD HighWay Patrol!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2004, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry F@#$ NYPD HighWay Patrol!

Well guys I finally joined the ranks of getting pulled over tonight!
F@#$ NYPD HighWay got me tonight 12/10/04 on the split of the Deegan and the Cross Bronx "for you guys in Nyc" it's I-87 N/B!
Came across the split "3 lanes into 4 back into 2 on both sides" well I was in the center lane and I came across the center without a sig to continue N/B on I-87 it was wet out tonight and I noticed a typical Crown Vic. following me "to many of these cars in NYC, wanna be cop cars" in the left lane so I signaled and drop to 4th and centered car followed and dropped the lights on me! Now I knew it was real so I continued with my flashers on till Van Cortlandt exit and he stated to me why I being pulled over! I told him not for sure but did it have to do with the split? He "Highway P/D" stated I was speeding and commited an unsafe lane change? I'm like ok atleast 65 in a 50 come on and I came up to a split and you get me for an unsafe lane change come on ! Now I'm like what da F#@$ ! But you can't get around these guys once they pull you over so I handed over the paper's and he let me off with a warning on the speeding and gave me a ticket for unsafe lane change which I'm going to F#$%@^& Fight !
My wife is bent outtta shape about it !
I'm gonna take it to court and see what the judge has to say! I think I was just picked out, Boring night for NYPD and they saw a red Evo and said lets F$!@ him!
Unjustified if you ask me!
Old Dec 10, 2004, 11:46 PM

that happens and it sucks. Best of luck to you in court. Most of the time they'll just let you go with a fine and no points.

Matt

Last edited by Streetrcrm3; Dec 11, 2004 at 02:43 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2004, 12:07 AM

Angry

You think? F"ing NYC traffic courts suck D#$%! Might have to get a lawer! Don't have S!@$ on my license and not about to start! But will see, pretty ticked off tonight guys feel like I was singled out!
Listen I'll fill you guys in on this S!@#! I think it's wrong for these HPD's to single us out like this I know I didn't do nothing wrong! These F'ing civic's and crap and Srt's 4 come blowing up next to me and I mind my own business and they get away with there crap so I get busted for an UNSAFE LANE CHANGE! F!@# this! I'm pissed the F off!

Now I got my wife to grill my ***! I'm always telling her to signal her lane changes!

Last edited by KnocAround; Dec 11, 2004 at 12:13 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2004, 05:56 AM
Evolving Member

Good luck and please fight the ticket. I would delay your first apperance maybe your second so the officer can not remember. I would also like to recommend http://www.speedtrap.org/index.html while you did not get caught speeding they offer the legal defense kit that is very very useful. By you delaying your date and reading this material I have no doubt you will turn some heads in the courtroom and get off scotch free
Old Dec 11, 2004, 07:00 AM
Evolving Member

You were speeding. You got caught. Get over it. The cop cut you a break. You should be thankful not angry. You admit that you did not signal.

I got popped by a PA State cop on the PA pike recently. He clocked me doing 81 in a 65. I was very careful about where I pulled over (since there were few places where there was enough room for him to stay out of traffic) and when he came up to the car I had my paperwork ready and I was polite and humble. He reduced the ticket to failure to signal which was no point on my license and a much lower fine.

So the moral of this story is, you get more flies with honey than vineager. If you break the law you should not be offended when you get caught. If you are rude to the law enforcer is it really surprising when he throws the book at you? If you can't take responsibility for your actions then you don't deserve my respect.

regards,
alan

Last edited by 00R101; Dec 11, 2004 at 07:04 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2004, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

yup the warning is the posted speed limit.
Old Dec 11, 2004, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

I've got to agree with these two. If you did it, live up to it. Either way, you got of easy, he could have ticket you for both. Pay the fine, and don't do it again!
Old Dec 11, 2004, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear - good luck in court
Old Dec 11, 2004, 08:23 AM
Evolving Member

get a good lawyer, it'll cost less in the long run than if you get hit with the points.....i have one 5 pointer and one two pointer, the lawyer cost me $250 each time and he beat the points both times.....On my issurance, each point is $500/yr....so my choice was obvious.
Old Dec 11, 2004, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

I agree with what the other guys say. You did something wrong and got caught. But that's as far as I go when it comes to cops. I really lost respect for them when they start pulling you over for made up stuff so they can check you car for any illegal bolt-ons. They also like to profile people, especially here in Cali. If you have an import, they consider you reckless and a speeder. A couple of times I was pulled over and they said that I was doing 110 mph. Ya right. I have a 15 year old civic with near 200,000 miles and driving on spares. My car starts to shake when I do 75mph. They couldn't find the realy guy so since they saw my car, they thought it was me.
Old Dec 11, 2004, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

In my opinion, 65 in a 50 mph zone is enough to justify a ticket. As far as the unsafe lane change, I wasn't there so I don't know ...but, at least he didn't cite you for both. Either way, a red EVO is going to be a target. Its not right but, you might consider obeying all traffic laws to the "T" while you're driving that car. Hope things work out, I've been there before.

Jesse
Old Dec 11, 2004, 09:16 AM

Well guys and girls, I'm not trying to prove myself innocent to anyone hear I'm just simply sharing info with everyone on a situation in which I feel I was pulled over for just minding my own business.
Does anyone here live in Nyc? know the area were I got pulled over at? If he wanted to bang me for speeding he would and could of done so. Nypd Highway has a zero tolerance. I will fight this ticket and yes I will have to get a lawyer which I already have. I just really feel he singled me out.
Well nuff said keep you guys posted on this .
Old Dec 11, 2004, 09:37 AM

How the hell were you 'singled' out? You admit to speeding, you admit to failing to signal a lane change.. WTF is the question here?
Old Dec 11, 2004, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by a1andres
How the hell were you 'singled' out? You admit to speeding, you admit to failing to signal a lane change.. WTF is the question here?
totally agree, you will probably get out of the ticket but you blatently broke the law and it was your fault
Old Dec 11, 2004, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KnocAround
I was pulled over for just minding my own business.
i'm innocent too. all 21 of my speeding tickets were for minding my own business. you got off e-z, quit whining.

Quick Reply: F@#$ NYPD HighWay Patrol!