Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

gotta love the interior leather package

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2004, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FWIW, I like the cloth in my Evo and feel that it suits the style of seat perfectly. Having such an aggressive seat in leather is like having a well designed swimsuit made of wool... the material overshadows the design. If I had leather, I'd much rather have the recaros that are in my SVT Focus, like these:

Height adjustable, heated, lumbar support, very supportive, side airbags, and IMO much better looking than the stock evo seats in leather.
Old Dec 17, 2004, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with the above...I like how the evo's leather looks, but the price hike is just not worth it without the heated option and some more support control and height adjustment...If I can get my hands on an evo, I will keep the stock seats and resurface then with a black leather/grey (gunmetalish) suede, the leather just being on the outer edges.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nsnguyen
FWIW, I like the cloth in my Evo and feel that it suits the style of seat perfectly. Having such an aggressive seat in leather is like having a well designed swimsuit made of wool... the material overshadows the design. If I had leather, I'd much rather have the recaros that are in my SVT Focus, like these:

Height adjustable, heated, lumbar support, very supportive, side airbags, and IMO much better looking than the stock evo seats in leather.
svt - lol - thats the only good thing in that car
Old Dec 20, 2004, 11:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nsnguyen

and IMO much better looking than the stock evo seats in leather.
In my opinion I would never sport those things in ANY car, nonetheless my evo; they are nasty looking compared to the leather recaros in the evo. ( I take that back, they might be a good match in the batmobile from the 88' movie)
Old Dec 21, 2004, 12:05 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yeh. those svt ones hold fairely well tho.

That's the seats that come with the european rally package, right?

anyway, clothe's better, you pansies. lol