Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

OEM Lexus yellow capsules Any try them?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2004, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus uses a yellow projector, I don't think they use a cap like that, are you sure its an OEM Lexus part?
Old Dec 14, 2004, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wouldn't the bulb overheat in sucha a small cap?
Old Dec 15, 2004, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
there would be no such thing... the headlight housing is only big enough to fit the bulb. this is the same idea as a gel cover for a light bulb but the problem with halogens is they get too hot and would melt anything short of glass. the other thing is... you don't want it too close cuz then the bulb might retain too much heat and you'll have to replace bulbs often. it seems this is the only "real" way to do it... and it's damn expensive.

what i would suggest: buy the damn covers to that obscene price, send everything to evodave and get a blackout housing or something like that plus the yellows installed. although this might be ugly... black housing with yellow lights? is that hott?
Old Dec 15, 2004, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

They are crazy expensive for some colored glass.. But then again you don't find those lexus caps very many places.... I think I'll just go with superwhite bulbs.... I wish someone could actually make a yellow bulb that was actually YELLOW. Like a yellow ION with a yellow glass bulb... Ususally you see yellow glass or yellow ion but never both.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

quite the idea
Old Dec 15, 2004, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ThEHiTMaN
They are crazy expensive for some colored glass.. But then again you don't find those lexus caps very many places.... I think I'll just go with superwhite bulbs.... I wish someone could actually make a yellow bulb that was actually YELLOW. Like a yellow ION with a yellow glass bulb... Ususally you see yellow glass or yellow ion but never both.
I think thats because yellow light, passing through yellow filter(i.e. yellow glass) would make the light white correct?, i remember doing something like that in science class way back in high school.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

i don't think we would have to separate housings. but glare guards would have to be removed. i don't think, that these are a good idea.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

Yah.... They probably are not that good of an idea... LOL I wonder if you can paint or coat the reflector with yellow to make it yellow?
Old Dec 16, 2004, 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
only if it's passing through a yellow filter a filter that takes out yellow light, i think the yellow filter that we're referring to is yellow glass... soemthing that would make more yellow.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 02:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hi,

My comment might sound irrelevant but when I use to live in Europe I had this yellow plugs on my headlights. I had a Renault 5 Turbo II and theses plugs made the beam extremely weak on my driving headlight projectors.

These plugs are identical in shape and they install the same way as I use to have them, only reason why I have them is because my car was yellow and it had yellow fog lights proyectors from factory so now I had the headlights and fog lights yellow on a yellow car.

In the french market these plugs are very popular for the national car makers like Citroen, Renault and Peugeot.

Be aware that these plugs really reduce visibility a lot.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

If your interested I just snagged them for $2.25!!! They may sell more!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7941741596

WRXtoEVO You want reduced light for fog lights..... Bright light just makes the Fog brighter!
Old Dec 21, 2004, 07:57 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yeh, but lexus and porsche GT3's have their whole headlights tinted yellow.

I think tinting will be better.

is yellow illegal? yellow HID?
Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

No I understand it's not going to be like the GTS and GT class race cars. If you look at the 98 DSM they turned the high beams into yellow fog lights. They looks damn good. I remember when that guy did the Hella 90mm projector in his car and I thought it was great lol anyway. I may give it a shot.... I am going to see if it is at all possible to get them in without taking the headlight apart. Then if not I will ship my headlights off to Evodave paint them black and throw them in. I am not doing the headlights I am doing the fog lights. LOL That is a 98 DSM with 90MM HID hella projectors. Looks nice!

Alot more yellow then this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by ThEHiTMaN; Dec 21, 2004 at 08:13 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

if my headlights weren't already blacked out, i'd do it... i don't want to have to cut through a tube of honda bond to install this.. gonna do dual HID kits (8000k in lower, 10,000k in fogs, and i got Catz in highs)
Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

The pic of the evo is a pic of aftermarket Yellow bulbs that I found on here.

Quick Reply: OEM Lexus yellow capsules Any try them?