Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

mustang buddies pissed at me

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2004, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
always rub in displacement! and how your your 4 door sedan beat his V8 sports car!!!
Old Dec 13, 2004, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

lol they just mad cause they got beat by a 4 banger
Old Dec 13, 2004, 07:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My mustang buddies love my EVO, so does the Grand National guy.
Since when are mustangs slow cars?
Old Dec 13, 2004, 07:55 PM

i own a mustang and take that pretty harsh. granted i have a lot done to mine. but ive walked some 12 second cars rather nicely if i do say so myself. if u live in the new england area i would love to race you
Old Dec 13, 2004, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Bottom line is that any true car fannatic will like the evo- anyone who hates- is either ignorant, prejudice (of imports or newer cars), or knows nothing about cars period.

I have met so many people that love the car- ranging from rednecks- young kids- old men. But I've also been laughed at and mocked by the same types of people.

If domestic car guys are hating on the evo- it's based out of fear or ignorance. I mean who wants to admit a car that was in the fast and furious is faster than their mustang or comaro
Old Dec 13, 2004, 08:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GS_Turbo
i own a mustang and take that pretty harsh. granted i have a lot done to mine. but ive walked some 12 second cars rather nicely if i do say so myself. if u live in the new england area i would love to race you
I am with you. People are just ignorant and that makes a ricer a ricer.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Now that's a good story. My buddy has a 03 cobra and it's fast. As you can see my car is not stock and it took me. Then again he as a lot done to his cobra.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GS_Turbo
i own a mustang and take that pretty harsh. granted i have a lot done to mine. but ive walked some 12 second cars rather nicely if i do say so myself.
i wish you lived near me id love to show you 420whp on 91 **** water any day of the week.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:20 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
the mach 1s are quick for sure....cobras are a little quicker (not as much as you would think stock for stock) no modded cobras can trap 117-120
Dave
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

and wene i said mustangs are slow im reffering to the base model called a MUSTANG! mustang cobras are very fast and i admit it is very hard ot beat one stock for stock. but base model mustangs are v-6 , so unless you state it another way ill stick to my point mustangs are slow , mustang GT's decently quick, and mustang COBRA's are fast !!!
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:21 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by MrBubbler
i wish you lived near me id love to show you 420whp on 91 **** water any day of the week.

Bwhaahhahaa
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:23 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by MrBubbler
and wene i said mustangs are slow im reffering to the base model called a MUSTANG! mustang cobras are very fast and i admit it is very hard ot beat one stock for stock. but base model mustangs are v-6 , so unless you state it another way ill stick to my point mustangs are slow , mustang GT's decently quick, and mustang COBRA's are fast !!!

the new supercharged full bolt on cobras ( intake, full exhaust, pulley ( much more boost ) , ecu upgrade and a oil cooler trap like 117ish...thats not really fast i have saw it time and time again at the tracks around here..now granted they can put on a big blower and the clutch , tranny , engine (most of the time) and rear end hold that 500whp+ fine
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smp3000
Bottom line is that any true car fannatic will like the evo- anyone who hates- is either ignorant, prejudice (of imports or newer cars), or knows nothing about cars period.

I have met so many people that love the car- ranging from rednecks- young kids- old men. But I've also been laughed at and mocked by the same types of people.

If domestic car guys are hating on the evo- it's based out of fear or ignorance. I mean who wants to admit a car that was in the fast and furious is faster than their mustang or comaro

from what i heard, a mustang and a camaro were in the fast and the furious movies and were wrecked, haha
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodave
the new supercharged full bolt on cobras ( intake, full exhaust, pulley ( much more boost ) , ecu upgrade and a oil cooler trap like 117ish...thats not really fast i have saw it time and time again at the tracks around here..now granted they can put on a big blower and the clutch , tranny , engine (most of the time) and rear end hold that 500whp+ fine
Word both cars (evo and cobra) have serious potential, i drove an 03 cobra before i bought evo, cobra just didnt handle to par for me. plus im addicted to All Wheel Drive!! and as far as HP goes only thing holding me back is internal work and higher octane = / GT35R has plenty left power to spit.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by o4whtevors
i dont want to race the cobra until i get the turbo back exaust,afc,and a boost controler. it should be a good race after that i hope
With a 03' Cobra being my previous car and a nicely modded Evo owner, I'd say you need a bit more than what you just listed to beat a 03-04 Cobra. Grant it...you'll get him off the line if you can launch your car worth a crap with him freight training you by the end of 2nd gear. You stand no chance what so ever from a roll.