Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

EVO guys that want a CF hood

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2004, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO guys that want a CF hood

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33646
i htought i would post it seems like a good deal...hell if you live in CA i would figure out where they are fro local pick up
Old Dec 13, 2004, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah suddendly there alot of carbon fiber hoods for our cars on ebay, one guy bought one for $1 + 200 shipping. I think that the people who sell those things actual get free shipping and that is where they make the money. I don't see how it's possible to sell somthing for that cheap and make money.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

^...why worry about them making money?...i know i also saw that thread on the $1 nhood pretty nuts...but $99 for a hood isnt bad either
Old Dec 13, 2004, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds like a good deal. But I've noticed that some CF hood are heavy as hell! heavier than the stock hood.
Old Dec 13, 2004, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

thats kind of sketch...no actual pics of the product...the gallery pic is an evo7 hood and the other pics are just photoshops...no pics of the actual hood they are selling
Old Dec 13, 2004, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kuniboy
Sounds like a good deal. But I've noticed that some CF hood are heavy as hell! heavier than the stock hood.
well your hood is already light as it is isnt it?...so the CF would be for "show"
Old Dec 13, 2004, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

WHAT??? 3A make those!!!.. 3A i know that from Paintball they make Ball pods, belt, Barrels, and High pressure Tank for paintball.. I playin Paintball alot... 3A Carbon fiber hood.. sound fishy im not sure... but my friend have Carbon Fiber Tank from 3A and it look good!
Old Dec 13, 2004, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

You get what you pay for. $200 carbon hood=garbage
Old Dec 14, 2004, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evillusion
You get what you pay for. $200 carbon hood=garbage
tell you what, you go buy a 600-1000 carbon hood and we can put them side by side and i will bet you mine looks the same if not better. i paid $1 plus 200 shipping for mine.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wprettyboy
tell you what, you go buy a 600-1000 carbon hood and we can put them side by side and i will bet you mine looks the same if not better. i paid $1 plus 200 shipping for mine.
It is impossible to manufacture a quality carbonfiber hood for $200. I would have nearly $200 in materials cost alone for a hood that size. That's NOT including mold materials, setup labor, manufacturing labor, profit, overhead, etc. So go pimp your Ebay garbage and have fun.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evillusion
It is impossible to manufacture a quality carbonfiber hood for $200. I would have nearly $200 in materials cost alone for a hood that size. That's NOT including mold materials, setup labor, manufacturing labor, profit, overhead, etc. So go pimp your Ebay garbage and have fun.
ok i guess since you want to charge people out the A$$ for a hood, someone else cant make a quality one and be lower. i was at an evo meet satuday and there was 12 evo owners there that loved the hood. you remind me of people who say "its a mitsubishi, it can't be fast!!" or the time i raced a corvette, and all the owner was saying was i paid double for my car there is no way you will bet me. yea, he shut his mouth when i bet him three times!!!!!!
Old Dec 14, 2004, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wprettyboy
ok i guess since you want to charge people out the A$$ for a hood, someone else cant make a quality one and be lower. i was at an evo meet satuday and there was 12 evo owners there that loved the hood. you remind me of people who say "its a mitsubishi, it can't be fast!!" or the time i raced a corvette, and all the owner was saying was i paid double for my car there is no way you will bet me. yea, he shut his mouth when i bet him three times!!!!!!

actually, your trying to fight a battle you're most likely gonna lose. Evillusion has quite a bit of experience in carbon fiber. Seeing that he use to work with it and make his own stuff. I would be willing to bet that your CF hood, which is pretty nice if I do say so my self. will not have the durability and quality of one of the other higher end brands. granted when you buy one of there hoods. you're in fact paying for there name, but incredible build quality and fit and finish comes with that also. have a good day.

-Chad-