Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

NEED HELP! SRT punks bashin on evo handling

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2004, 11:33 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sometimes you just need to know how to determine when a battle isn't worth fighting. Ignorance is bliss. Let people enjoy themselves.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HobieKopek
Sometimes you just need to know how to determine when a battle isn't worth fighting. Ignorance is bliss. Let people enjoy themselves.
werd
Old Dec 14, 2004, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
bah.... elise is not even remotely practical, nor does its engine scream "mod friendly." it's dead sexy, even all buggy-looking but it's more like a second or third "weekend" car. and a cobra's a great car, most evo owners will admit that. but in the end, AWD is more practical in snow/mud/loose gravel/rain/etc. it doesn't handle as well as the evo stock, but its big HP makes up for it. i love how whenever you bring up the price of a cobra, the cobra owners will ALWAYS, ALWAYS say something like "you can get it out the door for XX" as if that's a factual bit of info that is actually the MSRP.

just let it go, it'll just frustrate you because they're too self centered.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

Ah, if only ignorance was painful...
Old Dec 14, 2004, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Skidpad is .92 but yea AWD owns the FF.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

kids driving american cars borrowing parts from japanese cars then hating on the creator of their parts. woohoo.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think it's funny that these threads keep popping up... there is a local car forum i read wherein srt owners are the most immature members as well...hell they get clowned on by all the honda hatch owners too... i wonder if they're in the honda-tech forums bashing type-r's crappy handling compared to the srt as well... oh well... i wonder how many srt owners are out of their teens?
Old Dec 14, 2004, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FresnoEVO
i wonder how many srt owners are out of their teens?
Plenty. We just don't post stuff like those guys on the internet. Get off your high-horse. I've seen Evo owners go just as low.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

SRT 4 is not a good car no matter how you look at it (although I would have taken one when I got my liscence over my '89 Mazda 323). Only thing it has going for it is that it is very cheap and ok in a straight line for a short time. FWD kills any chance of that car being good. It seems that most people don't realize that there has never been a true FWD performance car. The reason being is that it is impossible to engineer one due to the laws of physics. There is a reason the SRT is 2/3 the price of the Evo. Flamesuit on.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 02:16 PM

SRT4 stock cannot even come close. Sure if you modify anything for the right price you can make it fast. Do not let some SRT4 punks get to you. It is like burningmoney97 said, "SRT4's are for kids". Take them to the road coarse and take a video camera. You can smoke them and watch it over and over and over and over.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Comparing an EVO and an srt-4 is stupid as is. EVO is not built for handling, SRT-4 is for straight lines even tho FWD sucks. They are nothing alike, they just try to give you **** because then you actual speak back and begin to compare your EVO to their SRT-4. Don't even give them the time of day.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 02:34 PM
Account Disabled

aaaahhhhhh ***** em. In the end the evo is a better car in all aspects so if *****ing makes em feel better about there car then let em *****. They couldn't afford anything better so they got stuck with a neon on roids. there just pissed off
Old Dec 14, 2004, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Meh, technically were just driving a lancer on roids
Old Dec 14, 2004, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

who cares grow up (its just a car) lol
Old Dec 14, 2004, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoLife
SRT 4 is not a good car no matter how you look at it (although I would have taken one when I got my liscence over my '89 Mazda 323). Only thing it has going for it is that it is very cheap and ok in a straight line for a short time. FWD kills any chance of that car being good. It seems that most people don't realize that there has never been a true FWD performance car. The reason being is that it is impossible to engineer one due to the laws of physics. There is a reason the SRT is 2/3 the price of the Evo. Flamesuit on.
This kind of statement does not help....yes physics proves front tires can only do so much when gripping and trying to put power down, but to say fwd can never be good is downright ingnorance. Those same laws of physics you speak of allows a fwd car to pick up the throttle much quicker through the middle of a turn, a very important consideration on a momentum-style course. Still think the fwd cant fly? Tell that to Peter Cunnigham and his Realtime teams; because its not like their Integras, RSX's, TSX's, and recently SE-R's have ever won races.....

More to the point though, I agree ignorance is everywhere. I have met a number of Evo owners that have left a bad taste in my mouth. The problem here though is ALMOST every SRT-4 owner leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If they arent making rediculous comparisons to cars out of their class ("I took a Z06 today"), they are walking around with a chip on their shoulder because they feel they are treated unfairly because of their car. Personally, I used to love the SRT-4, and it was the fact that no one gave it credit that was so appealing; sort of a modern day sleeper. That love has disappeared however, somewhere between the million SRT-4 threads that have been created here and the development of the official SRT-4 battle cry......

"Man I can take you from a roll."

Quit being girls, if you need to justify your car purchase to others to feel more secure, quit life now. Go out and prove your car SRT-4 owners. Your cars are fast indeed, and seeing the look on unsuspecting drivers is worth more than Evo owners respect; in my opinion.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP! SRT punks bashin on evo handling