Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

NEED HELP! SRT punks bashin on evo handling

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2004, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why not just challenge them to a race off at e-town like the evo vs. wrx day. That was lots of fun to watch plus it'll help end a lot of bickering
Old Dec 14, 2004, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
This kind of statement does not help....yes physics proves front tires can only do so much when gripping and trying to put power down, but to say fwd can never be good is downright ingnorance. Those same laws of physics you speak of allows a fwd car to pick up the throttle much quicker through the middle of a turn, a very important consideration on a momentum-style course. Still think the fwd cant fly? Tell that to Peter Cunnigham and his Realtime teams; because its not like their Integras, RSX's, TSX's, and recently SE-R's have ever won races.....

More to the point though, I agree ignorance is everywhere. I have met a number of Evo owners that have left a bad taste in my mouth. The problem here though is ALMOST every SRT-4 owner leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If they arent making rediculous comparisons to cars out of their class ("I took a Z06 today"), they are walking around with a chip on their shoulder because they feel they are treated unfairly because of their car. Personally, I used to love the SRT-4, and it was the fact that no one gave it credit that was so appealing; sort of a modern day sleeper. That love has disappeared however, somewhere between the million SRT-4 threads that have been created here and the development of the official SRT-4 battle cry......

"Man I can take you from a roll."

Quit being girls, if you need to justify your car purchase to others to feel more secure, quit life now. Go out and prove your car SRT-4 owners. Your cars are fast indeed, and seeing the look on unsuspecting drivers is worth more than Evo owners respect; in my opinion.
Good post. I miss the days when people wondered what the hec I was driving. Beat a guy in a 350Z after I bought my car and the look on his face is still burned into my mind. It was sorta like "nooooo...by a...a...a...a Neon?!?!"

Lots of people probably just thought I put a wing on a base model Neon. I could care less. I sorta liked it actually. It was fun to get the WTF is that thing looks at gas stations too. No more. Now every car guy either hates me or knows about the car. I want something fast that handles better, puts the power to the ground more effienctly, and is more of a sleeper. If the SRT-4 was the best value under $20k then the Evo RS is the best value under $30k.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 05:18 PM
Account Disabled

a good handling fwd stock car is the integra type r

a bad handling fwd stock car is the srt-4
Old Dec 14, 2004, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by groovytang
a good handling fwd stock car is the integra type r

a bad handling fwd stock car is the srt-4
I'm not an advocate for any car but, that is totally false. The SRT-4 doesn't handle badly. Also if ya think about it; The Integra Type-R had only 195 HP and 130 lbs of torque in comparison to the SRT's 230 HP and 250 lbs of torque. Plus the classic Honda high RPM range in which peak torque was reached at 7500 rpm's. "Not really neck breaking launches here"

Integra's are known to take well to mods and can create major power but, like any other FWD needs serious suspension work to bring it to the ground. Either way wheel spin is a given. A good driver can adapt to such things. Hell, for most of my younger days I believed that all imports were econo boxes until I learned about racing Honda Civic HB's and why power/weigh ratio is important. Until that time I lived as a muscle car freak.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

At which point did the Teggie's hp disadvantage have any effect on handling? If you would have read my post, I said on the track. Its common knowledge fwd cars dont launch well, I was discussing their advantages on certain tracks. Why everyone is hell-bent on straight line comparisons of import and import-style domestics is well beyond me. Track your car or autocross once and youll completely understand. Hell I turned my buddy off to drag racing and on to real racing, and he has a low 12 second 2002 Firehawk. I just dont get it....

Bottom line, no the Neon isnt the worst handling car, but with its 0 degee front camber and horrible damping a stock Teggie Type R will hand it it's a$$ on a road course......assuming it doesnt have straights like Daytona.....
Old Dec 14, 2004, 09:46 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by EVOLust
I'm not an advocate for any car but, that is totally false. The SRT-4 doesn't handle badly. Also if ya think about it; The Integra Type-R had only 195 HP and 130 lbs of torque in comparison to the SRT's 230 HP and 250 lbs of torque. Plus the classic Honda high RPM range in which peak torque was reached at 7500 rpm's. "Not really neck breaking launches here"

Integra's are known to take well to mods and can create major power but, like any other FWD needs serious suspension work to bring it to the ground. Either way wheel spin is a given. A good driver can adapt to such things. Hell, for most of my younger days I believed that all imports were econo boxes until I learned about racing Honda Civic HB's and why power/weigh ratio is important. Until that time I lived as a muscle car freak.
You do realize that the ITR is not f/i, and n/a.......And FWD - the ITR owns the srt in handling.

The Type R in integra Type R does mean something, and its not rice this time
Old Dec 14, 2004, 09:49 PM

Not trying to start conflict here but, it wasn't neccessary to have read your post since mine wasn't in response to it any how.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

No harm, just conversing....by the way Im sure your signature would be "well liked" over on the SRT forums......
Old Dec 14, 2004, 09:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by timdog4life
why not just challenge them to a race off at e-town like the evo vs. wrx day. That was lots of fun to watch plus it'll help end a lot of bickering

problem there is that then the srt (those who do ***** and complain and hate) will go on to say that after the 1/4 mile the srt would have taken the evo/sti, etc. etc. wouldn't really help end the bickering unless everyone could come to agreement on specific terms of a contest.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 10:02 PM

True Groovy.... Since most of the threads especially with SRT's vs EVO VS STi, it's usually on highway or on straight tracks. I also understand what Tristar was saying about why the Type-R would kill the SRT-4 on a road course. The teggies weren't meant for drag and hence was built for a different purpose. I still have my 96' LS 5sp which has been the best commuter I have ever owned. It's not fast but, it's more fun than my SUV and faster than my wifes P5. Sorry if you percieved that I was trying to be rude. I wasn't meaning to be.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 10:04 PM
Account Disabled

its all good dude
Old Dec 14, 2004, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
No harm, just conversing....by the way Im sure your signature would be "well liked" over on the SRT forums......
LOL...I have been there to troll and get a few laughs. I have never registered due to the fact that they can't seem to keep a civil tone. Sorry if a seemed rude on my earlier post.

I think my sig sums it all up for them. If they are afraid to race from a dig; against a car that is in a different class then, perhaps they should stick to racing Civics.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 02:20 PM
Account Disabled

In my oppinion I like the the SRT-4 because its got some major bang for your buck. I just wish they hadn't done it with a neon. THeir so phuckin ugly. They needed to make a new car platform to use in their economy sports car category. GOD I HATE NEONS.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm still working on getting an EVO.....I actually underestimated myself....
I can actually afford an RS, but since I bought a motorcycle I didnt want to screw myself over if I couldnt make the payments....\

soon to be 05 EVO 8 RS owner
Old Dec 15, 2004, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

More site wars?

Come on guys, let's be the mature ones here. If they think it handles like crap, let them.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP! SRT punks bashin on evo handling