Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Forge Recirc Bov question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2004, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forge Recirc Bov question

I was thinking about getting one and would like to know how hard the install is? Also i know they come with springs and wouldnt know wich one to go with on my stock evo. My last question would be would i get any noise from it on a stock evo, i know its recirculating but i have heard a greddy type S with the recirc kit on it and it was hear able, just want to know if the forge is as well. Any help hearing from people that have heard or delt with this valve would be great. THX
Old Dec 14, 2004, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

I have one and I had the HKS before. Since you have the stock Evo I would go with the Yellow spring (I think that's the softest one). The more boost PSI you are pushing the stiffer you want the spring.

The install should take someone experienced probably only 10-15 mins. For a new guy you're looking at 30 mins I guess. It's not hard. Once you get it in, it's very easy just to switch springs by removing the screws on top. You should be able to hear this over the stock one. Although an open filter set-up really lets the sound FLY!
Old Dec 15, 2004, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

good info, but when u said "You should be able to hear this over the stock one." It made me think that i should hear my stock one. Yet i dont nor have i heard of a stock Evo bov making any noise. I just was gonna do this mod to get some noise out of it, and i heard its a good way to make sure u dont leak any boost. Thx again for the help and any info from people is great.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

I have the forge. Its easy to install. If you have the stock setup, remove the clamps holding the BOV and just put the new one in its place and reclamp. Done.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Some people can hear their stock BOV but it's very,very faint. This is a great BOV and veyr easy to install.