Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

SCC car of the year...again!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2004, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by favre95
car and driver hardly even recognized the evo when it debuted. They are all a bunch of cigar puffing fat boys over there. I understand the demographic thing. But, come on! A car is a car in the end, and the evos performance and practicality rivals anything they had in that top 10 list in my opinion.
Aren't you guys forgetting that C&D sponsored and co-piloted the Vishnu Evo MR?
Old Dec 18, 2004, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

Is this the same issue that has the Sti Spec C vs. Evo FQ300? In that issue they picked the Spec C.
Old Dec 18, 2004, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Cirrusly Evolvd
I have the mag and of course they picked the Evo again!!! Silly..........
What I found of particular interest was the statement they made about the MR. They didn't pick it as car of the year because "It offered little gain for the higher price". I got a little snicker at that.
Apparantly they are going to be getting an MR project car so that will be something to look out for. I wish they would do another update on the current Project Evo.
And one more thing, they have a section about the cars due out in 2007 and the Evo IX is one of them. They say that all the 07's will be loaded with the current MR options and have the fugly "Gialla looking" front and rear bumpers that was seen on the yellow one. One item of interest is the 07 Infinity GT-R. Might have to save some bread for that.
They already have taken possesion of the MR project car, and in doing so no longer have the previous red long term Evo.
Old Dec 18, 2004, 06:03 PM
Evolving Member

Does it really matter that much what the magazines think?

Although the observation about demographics is so true. When I'm driving our Corvette, kids with scateboards don't give it a second look. When I'm in the Evo, they're all smiles and waves.

FWIW, I bought a standard 05 because I didn't think the MR was worth $5000 extra either

Jim
Old Dec 18, 2004, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

dang we must not have this issue yet, i have checked everywhere and nothing
Old Dec 18, 2004, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
other than the STi, who else can compare to the editors of SCC? nobody. and i don't mean that in an arrogant sort of way, it's just kind of a 2 party debate for the title, no? that is, until such cars as the new GTR or Supra come around...
Old Dec 18, 2004, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Well, they had to drop HID's in order to install the ACD that everyone wanted to keep the price around the same. So either buy the HID's or be happy you have ACD.
So why does the STI have DCCD and HID at the same price as the EVO the ACD an no HIDs??? They dropped the intercooler sprayer because of the ACD.
Old Dec 18, 2004, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ev0 1
Is this the same issue that has the Sti Spec C vs. Evo FQ300? In that issue they picked the Spec C.
No, this is a new issue with the regular old US-spec MR and Sti.
Old Dec 18, 2004, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Daveyd
So why does the STI have DCCD and HID at the same price as the EVO the ACD an no HIDs??? They dropped the intercooler sprayer because of the ACD.
I dunno, why don't you tell me why the Subaru is the same price? That is a retarded question to ask someone who doesn't work for Subaru.

You misunderstood my statment. They dropped the HID's and ad ACD. It probly equalled out in pricing for both systems so it didn't affect overall price much. I was not saying they replaced HID's with ACD. You're reading into my statement way to much man....simma down.
Old Dec 18, 2004, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

I dunno, why don't you tell me why the Subaru is the same price? That is a retarded question to ask someone who doesn't work for Subaru.

You misunderstood my statment. They dropped the HID's and ad ACD. It probly equalled out in pricing for both systems so it didn't affect overall price much. I was not saying they replaced HID's with ACD. You're reading into my statement way to much man....simma down.

Oh I am simmered. I have an 03 EVO and am in the market for an 05 and trying to justify the price with no HIDs....and dont feel like spending $3,000 to get HIDs with leather
Old Dec 18, 2004, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

did they mention if the IX will definetly have the S-AYC... that's when i'll sell my 04... and the first mod i'll do is trash that front bumper...
Old Dec 18, 2004, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

SCC always loved the Evo since they have gotten their hand (temp-wise) on an Evo 5, and they would daydream all month long testing it. When the Evo had to be given up back to whoever, they would again start pimping H&A products as the best vehicle there is on the planet . . . of course, there was the next eventual Evo testing.

This is pretty much true . . . if there wasn't an Evo on US shores, it'll be H&A fanboy for a very long time, except for the ocassion Silvia stuff to kick the fad into action. Look at import tuner and turbo (except for the ocassional supra). Since I had ended by suby to SCC in 02, I don't know if they are pimping the RSX or civic hybrids.