Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

SCC car of the year...again!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2004, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCC car of the year...again!

I have no clue if this has been posted. I did a search but found nothing. So sorry if this is a repost. The 05 evo got the SCC car of the year award again! There was also an article in there about the MR vs. STI. They praise the MR very well in the article too! It is a mag worth looking at....Yes that is all I did was read it at the news stand. I didn't buy it so sorry for not being able to post it. I have way to many mags at home with the evo in them saying the same thing....."we pick the evo over the STI".....

Last edited by favre95; Dec 18, 2004 at 10:36 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2004, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Bump
Old Dec 18, 2004, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

nice! ill have to scope it out
Old Dec 18, 2004, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

I have the mag and of course they picked the Evo again!!! Silly..........
What I found of particular interest was the statement they made about the MR. They didn't pick it as car of the year because "It offered little gain for the higher price". I got a little snicker at that.
Apparantly they are going to be getting an MR project car so that will be something to look out for. I wish they would do another update on the current Project Evo.
And one more thing, they have a section about the cars due out in 2007 and the Evo IX is one of them. They say that all the 07's will be loaded with the current MR options and have the fugly "Gialla looking" front and rear bumpers that was seen on the yellow one. One item of interest is the 07 Infinity GT-R. Might have to save some bread for that.
Old Dec 18, 2004, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

cool, i didn't know the new scc was out already, ss has a huge buying guide out though thats really cool
Old Dec 18, 2004, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Don't expect the price to linger around 30k if they choose to integrate everything the MR has into "every" model. They failed to mention that the model that they chose does not have the HID's...to me is an aspect of the car I want. To get that on the basic evo you gotta get the SSL pkg. And that is not far off the MR price. But, whereas the 03's did have them standard, I would not go back to regular headlamps when purchasing my 05'. But this is only one aspect of the car....I understand that.

On a side note...HID's alone would have made the price go up at least a grand on the basic evo. So the MR in all reality is not far off in terms of price. They also need to condsider that the RS has some better performance aspects than that of the GSR and the GSR cost about 3 grand more. So go figure.

But in terms of the Evo being car of the year again....I am all smiles about that! Now if it were to get the automobile car of the year award again I'd be really surprised. Cause the evo is now out of the original 30k and under price range...except for the RS of course.
Old Dec 18, 2004, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Car of the year in SCC.... not even considered for 10 best by Car and Driver. WTF is wrong with C&D? They lump all 3 series BMW's together so they can say "Great Value" when talking about the low level 3 series cars, and "Awesome performance" when talking about the M3 so the "group" gets a thumbs up in both catigories.... but the Lancer Evolution is considered alone without the economy part of the equation thrown in..... Beats me what they are smoking over there.

Keith

PS: Couldn't give a rats @ss about HID headlights until it comes time to replace them F@#$ers.... then I will be cursing them all the way to the bank.
Old Dec 18, 2004, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

evo's are unstoppable
Old Dec 18, 2004, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by favre95
Don't expect the price to linger around 30k if they choose to integrate everything the MR has into "every" model. They failed to mention that the model that they chose does not have the HID's...to me is an aspect of the car I want. To get that on the basic evo you gotta get the SSL pkg. And that is not far off the MR price. But, whereas the 03's did have them standard, I would not go back to regular headlamps when purchasing my 05'. But this is only one aspect of the car....I understand that.

On a side note...HID's alone would have made the price go up at least a grand on the basic evo. So the MR in all reality is not far off in terms of price. They also need to condsider that the RS has some better performance aspects than that of the GSR and the GSR cost about 3 grand more. So go figure.

But in terms of the Evo being car of the year again....I am all smiles about that! Now if it were to get the automobile car of the year award again I'd be really surprised. Cause the evo is now out of the original 30k and under price range...except for the RS of course.

Why did they omit the HIDs out of the 05s??? I don;t want to have to by the Leather package in order to get HIDs!!! Why is it the STI comes standard with the DCCD and HIDs and is priced arount what the GSR is??

I have on 03 and might be in the market for an 05 by LOVE my HIDs and dont want to pay $3000 more for the leather package just to get them
Old Dec 18, 2004, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo81
evo's are unstoppable
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Old Dec 18, 2004, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

You could always tell the editors of SCC love the evo. I guess the editors of C&D dislike it
Old Dec 18, 2004, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

It's demographics of the editors/writers who are catering to their readers.

SCC = younger crowd + import
C&D, MT, and etc: domestic + euro

Just like turbo, import tuner = who are their readers?
Old Dec 18, 2004, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

is this any surprise? i knew the moment i sat down in the car, i was like, yep, this car's gonna get scc car of the year in '04, too.
Old Dec 18, 2004, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

car and driver hardly even recognized the evo when it debuted. They are all a bunch of cigar puffing fat boys over there. I understand the demographic thing. But, come on! A car is a car in the end, and the evos performance and practicality rivals anything they had in that top 10 list in my opinion.
Old Dec 18, 2004, 03:55 PM
Evolved Member

Well, they had to drop HID's in order to install the ACD that everyone wanted to keep the price around the same. So either buy the HID's or be happy you have ACD.