Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

my evo got f'd up last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2004, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
once again guys thanks for all the suport. right now the body shop is thinking 6000-9000$ without new seats

i just got off the phone with the adjuster and he said I'm getting a new hood, driver door, side mirrors, front and side windows,plus my whole driver side will be repainted. That is the good news. The bad news is he said im not getting new front seats, i asked him why and he said they would cost to much and he might have to total my car becuase the seats are going to cost like, im guessing here 5000-6000$. So instead of getting new seats he wants to detail the inside of my car ............WTF.....what happens in 6 months or a year from now the small bits of glass start cutting my a$$ and rip the seat covers apart. im not happy about this........

i should get new seats plus the inside should get detailed and they should rip my whole dash out to get all the glass out of my vents...........I'm fighting for this

I'm getting more pissed each and everyday

Last edited by djmikeymike; Dec 21, 2004 at 04:15 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

wow, dam man sorry to see that, hope it works out for u.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by djmikeymike
once again guys thanks for all the suport. right now the body shop is thinking 6000-9000$ without new seats

i just got off the phone with the adjuster and he said I'm getting a new hood, driver door, side mirrors, front and side windows,plus my whole driver side will be repainted. That is the good news. The bad news is he said im not getting new front seats, i asked him why and he said they would cost to much and he might have to total my car becuase the seats are going to cost like, im guessing here 5000-6000$. So instead of getting new seats he wants to detail the inside of my car ............WTF.....what happens in 6 months or a year from now the small bits of glass start cutting my a$$ and rip the seat covers apart. im not happy about this........

i should get new seats plus the inside should get detailed and they should rip my whole dash out to get all the glass out of my vents...........I'm fighting for this

Unfortunately this is what you have to deal with sometimes. Vandalism is hard for insurance companies to pay out on because they can't get "reimbursed" by the other person's insurance company. If you start picking things apart, it will only get harder for you in the long run. Maybe you could talk to him on the low and tell him that you know the seats are expensive brand new and you see where he is comming from. Tell him that you know about this little place (EvoM) where they sell all the time for around $500 each. Have him write up an estimate that will cover what you will pay for a set of used seats from here, and then just start looking for deals. I've been through this before with my insirance company, and it's just one of those things that you have to understand where they are comming from. For example, if you throw a fit and cause a big mess for this guy, he might turn around and say that your new hood, fender, and door will be aftermarket and not OEM (aftermarket in a bad way) and then you will be getting inferior parts, or at least a smaller payoff check. He can do this because it is vandalism and not a wreck. Be careful, they will use that Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act in their favor, if you push them into that situation.

Good luck to you.

P.S.: Since you will be painting it anyway, I have a stock hood with only 4,000 miles on it. It's red, but what will it matter if it is getting painted anyway. I'm asking whatever you will offer plus $150 for shipping from me to you.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear , someone doesnt like you !
Old Dec 21, 2004, 05:43 PM
BMS
Account Disabled

Holly sh*t, seeing that happen to a evo, just pisses me off, it's bad enough people total them, but know we got f**king haters who go around and break windows, and kick the body in.... wtf I hope they find who did this, and make them pay for this bullsh*t, best of luck to you and your poor evo bro, hope everything turns out good for you.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 05:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tell them to do everyhing except the seats, and cut you a check for the seats( maybe about 2k, if they are willing. then you can go buy leather seats, or get the stock ones redone in leather!
Old Dec 21, 2004, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

wow, I really dont know what to say.. the pics, the screwing by the insurance company (sound like something an insurance company would do), it all just seems like a really bad dream. I hope it all works out for you.. I know the shock feeling you went threw.. I have a story that might make you smile. A friend and I were at a club one night and when we came out we saw a truck drive by and throw 3 molitive cocktails at diffrent cars. One went into flames. Well the driver looked back to see what damage he caused and as he did that a cop drove by, fliped around, hit the lights.... the driver shocked jurked his truck right into a phone pole. Totaled his truck, went to jail and rumor is he got in so really BIG trouble.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:10 PM

Just a thought ...... you may want to talk to whatever bank has the "note" on your car loan. Explain to them what happened and how the insurance company is not fixing it to "quality standards". Explain to them that if that car isn't fixed the way you need it to be you may have to default on the loan because you don't see the point in paying for a car that isn't fixed properly and they will get a repossessed car that is not worth as much as it should be and when they go to sell it, they will be the ones losing money. Note that this is just a thought and I don't think it would help, but as a "last ditch" effort, why not try. I would not approach them with a "help me or I will screw you attitude" but approach them as a loyal customer who is reaching out for help in a time of need. I would think if a big company or bank (whoever owns the note on your car) got involved on some level, it would send the message to the insurance company that your not playing around. and want things done right.

Do not settle for something that won't make you happy, seriously you will regret it later! If they wont fix the car to the way it was before the incident, I would seriously work on them to total it, just make sure you have GAP insurance. Perhaps getting a local TV station involved on the incident and how the insurance company isn't helping you would be another last effort.

either way, good luck and just be happy you weren't driving the car under a bridge and someone threw the rock at your car then. you may not be here to tell this story and in the end, your fine and that's all that matters. if you have a girl friend or wife, go get some nookie, it will make you feel better, promise!

Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

Should have played the brittney Spears song mang . . .Jk Sorry about your loss. I really cant say much because words cant explain how i would feel if i were in your situation. Good luck mang

Dexter
Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

i dont know if getting the bank involed would do anything at best, probably just make them nervouse about you defaulting on the loan. i would say chances are the pepole who did this arnt to smart and like to brag, it always gets around. i would just get what i could out of the insurance(dont go down with out a fight)and move on. keep your ears open though because im sure youll hear something about it through the grape vine.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

I would ****ing kill somone! But i'm pretty sure insurance will cover the windshield or you can say somthing hit you while driving on the highway and be covered.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

**** whoever did that. what a ****ing loser.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 10:03 PM
Evolving Member

Must have been an unhappy Suburu driver that got beat me a Evo!

j/k
Old Dec 21, 2004, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Angry

!!! Man i feel pissed for you. I cant imagine the people that would die if that happened to my evo. I was about to offer you some stock parts or atleast a CF hood which i might sell soon, but seeing u have insurance claim, guess not. Anyways...do u have some problems wit people around ur area? That is horrible man. I feel sorry for that evo. poor baby. I have a apex silver too. Time for everyone to upgrade the alarms on our evos. Wish we had a better factory alarm or a built in surveillance camera
Old Dec 21, 2004, 10:56 PM
Evolving Member

Where can we get a surveillance camera for a car? Just wondering.

Quick Reply: my evo got f'd up last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!