Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Knocking

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2004, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Knocking

I took my car out last night and ran the car hard. In first and second gear, it made a backfiring noise.

The knock sensor was in the 200's during the backfires.

Anyone know what the hell is up with my car????

P.S.- mods in signature
Old Dec 19, 2004, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mattsteg45
I took my car out last night and ran the car hard. In first and second gear, it made a backfiring noise.

The knock sensor was in the 200's during the backfires.

Anyone know what the hell is up with my car????

P.S.- mods in signature
If you knock is set up correctly 200 isn't bad but from your post it is hard to tell exactly what happened. If it is really cold out you could of bounced off of fuel cut or the colder weather could of caused you to run a high boost spike and blow the flame out of your plug. I could of been both of these at the same time but if you car isn't backfiring any more and it is running fine you are probably ok but it could happen again. I would recommend that you take your plugs out and inspect them for any damage just to be sure and if you do see anything wrong with them then you will know that you have issues. This is just what I can think of, does it do this all the time?