Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Life expectancy of an evo 8

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2004, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HoLeeRay
the life expectancy of the evo? i'll tell you the life expectancy of the evo. the evo is immortal. satan himself could tear out of the ground and try to destroy the evo and it'll sit there and laugh off the abuse... besides maybe a broken clutch. a nuke could go off next to it and the evo would laugh. yeah.. it's getting late..
Old Dec 20, 2004, 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

Mitsubishi wont release the 9 here for quite a while. They just released the 8 here 2 years ago, where as the 8 in japan has been there for what, 3 or 4 years. There will be at least a 2 year delay in between the time japan gets it from when we get it so dont expect it any time soon. (Thankfully...)
Old Dec 20, 2004, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EvoVIII_MR2005
Mitsubishi wont release the 9 here for quite a while. They just released the 8 here 2 years ago, where as the 8 in japan has been there for what, 3 or 4 years. There will be at least a 2 year delay in between the time japan gets it from when we get it so dont expect it any time soon. (Thankfully...)

The EVO 8 has been in production less than 4 years even in Japan. Evo 7 was in production for 2 years only. Evo 8 will be in production for 1 more year and EVO 9 will be out. no major differences beside bumpers and a bit of power. you will see it next year.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

If you are going to be in Japan for a few years, why not just pick up a Skyline and bring it back with you? That is what I would do rather than worry about when a new car was going to be released.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont believe everything they say but small search here and there will give you this

2006 Mitsubishi Evolution IX : Continuing the high-performance evolution that saw the Evo VIII beget the Evo MR, it is expected that the U.S. market will receive the Evolution IX scheduled to debut in Japan. Count on less weight, more power, and greater agility.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by PoorBoys
If you are going to be in Japan for a few years, why not just pick up a Skyline and bring it back with you? That is what I would do rather than worry about when a new car was going to be released.
I mite try to hunt down a r34 or an older evo to use in japan but the chances of me getting a r34 in my price range in japan is slim to none. Even if i do perchance get my hands on one, there is no way i'd be able to afford to send it back to the United States.

From what i hear, the evo 9 will have all the goodies the MR has now as standard, some exterior modifications, and mite try to intergrate a gasoline direct injection (GDI). I'm also hearing that the evo X(10) is gonna go through a whole radical styling by getting away from the boxy look....personally, i love the way the evo looks. (anyways, here's hoping that when i come back from japan i'll be able to pick up an evo 9 before all those changes)

Now i have another question for everyone here.....in sports compact mag, it say the evo 9 will be released in 2006 and the evo x (10) will be released in 2007. My question to you is, is that gonna be the actual production year or just the year they announce it or is it gonna be that it is revealed in 2006 and slated for this september release?
Old Dec 20, 2004, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

I keep my car in good maintenance as much as possible and I want to get as many years it can give me lol. As for the Evo 9, in my opnion its not much of a eyecatcher as the Evo 8.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

I still have not found any pics of the Evo 9. I hope to keep my Evo for Ever. 03 GSR with only 3000 miles. I Only use it on the weekends.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 03:36 PM

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery...ix/evo-ix.html

That website has the spy pics of the new evo 9....front end kinda looks like a throwback to the evo 7. I've seen the spy pic of the evo 10 on the forums somewhere so if you do a search i'm pretty sure you'll find it...i'm just too lazy to do it myself, sorry.