Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just got a ticket last night for...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2004, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got written up for going 30 on a 25 and it was on a quiet street with no cars (2am) ... when I saw the look on his face when he looked at my car and me ... I just asked him straight out if he was making assumptions.. and he just stayed quiet and gave me a 130 ticket.

Last edited by Hong Kong Evo; May 16, 2007 at 04:56 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 10:40 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by NOVA EVO
Use your turn signal in the future...few things **** me off more than drivers who don't use their signals...no offense, dude, but it's an accident waiting to happen...

That said, the cop was just looking for an excuse to pull you over...must've been a slow night...
word~ use your signals, people who don't use it pisses me off too.

That's almost every yankees and low lives down here in GA. sigh... this place use to be so nice...
Old Dec 21, 2004, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go to court, plead 'Not Guilty' and request a trial date. The odds are that the officer will not show up to court for a failure to signal ticket. If he does not show, then your case will be dismissed. If he does show then you will have to pay, but you might be able to get the fine reduced. I've beaten two speeding tickets in the last year using this method. Try it, you have nothing to loose but a little time.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

When i was commuting from North CA to south, a cop went pass me on the speed of at least 110mph, and then he stop at the side and wait for me to pass to stop me. Got me out of the car, asked me whose car is it, and he said his partner see me driving for over 106mph..i'm driving around 70-80 because that's the speed limit, and it's my new car for gods sake and he is saying that i'm going over 90 to 100... wtf is with that? But then when i go and get my insurance and registration, he suddenly give back my driving license and said he gotta go with no ticket for me... lucky to me i think... that was the first time ever i got stopped by a cop since i first drive... i've always been a good driver and get pulled over with no apparent reason make me sick of them
Old Dec 21, 2004, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

All I can say is he had nothing better to do. Those guys try to do anything that makes them llko like they are doing their job. If it was a 911 call, he probably would have waited for some other cop to respond. I wouldnt roll over and have points shoved up my ars. If you have a clean record, take it to court and plead no contest. It was night and there were no cars around if thats the truth. It'll be ok. The judge will probably think thats ridiculous to.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

that sucks, if you want a better story PM GFX.... a buddy of mine got pulled over 3 times in 2 days... 2 of which dealt with tint, and the other was he was driving and a school bus coming inthe opposite way stopped 2 feet infront of him ( he was going approx 35 ) and didnt' stop so he just went, and a cop pulled him over.....

general idea.... cops are idiots...
Old Dec 21, 2004, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Just plea no contest and pay a few dollars. Not paying it is a bad idea and will only make things worse.

You might mention to the judge even though you didnt signal you did check the other lane before moving over.

It's kind of like the tree falling in the woods... If there is no one there to see your signal is there even a signal Unless of course a cop with nothing to do is watching
Old Dec 21, 2004, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by justchil
Just plea no contest and pay a few dollars. Not paying it is a bad idea and will only make things worse.

You might mention to the judge even though you didnt signal you did check the other lane before moving over.

It's kind of like the tree falling in the woods... If there is no one there to see your signal is there even a signal Unless of course a cop with nothing to do is watching
I will pay it for sure. I just don't want it going on my record.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

I know what you mean..

I had a stupid ticket a few years back for racing on streets & highway. I plead not guilty at the first hearing then no contest at the second hearing. I was not charged with anything.. no points.. I only had to pay a court cost and pretend to have learned a lesson (which i guess i sort of did)
Old Dec 21, 2004, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NOVA EVO
Use your turn signal in the future...few things **** me off more than drivers who don't use their signals...no offense, dude, but it's an accident waiting to happen...

That said, the cop was just looking for an excuse to pull you over...must've been a slow night...

I agree %100. I hate when people don’t use signals. Even if the road is completely empty I use signals.

you broke the law pay the ticket.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

At least he did not give you a ticket for driving under the influence of the wing!
Old Dec 21, 2004, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

on a side note. How long do points stay on your license?

WADAD
Old Dec 21, 2004, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WADADLIG_OZ
on a side note. How long do points stay on your license?

WADAD
we dont have a point system up here, but a ticket stays on for 3 years.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

Yes he broke the law by not using his signal, and he stated this in his first post. So to all the "you broke the law so stfu" people. He just wants advice on how to not get points against him. I also can't stand people who dont signal, but noone is perfect. I doubt all of you have made every lane change and turn with your turn signal...
Old Dec 21, 2004, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

Its really annoying and dangerous when people do not user their turn signal, regardless of whether you drive a SUV or an evo. Learn how to use your signal please.