Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just got a ticket last night for...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2004, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LpBevoEvo
I doubt all of you have made every lane change and turn with your turn signal...
Yeah doing that once in a while is a big difference from doing it HUNDREDS of times in a SUV. I don't understand the logic behind trying to fight something that you warranted 100%. Well maybe I do, but I don't think that is right. BTW, I do signal every single time I change lanes unless it is an emergency.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

haha what a lame ticket.

I signal even if there's no one else around. But that's me.

Sure why not fight it... but chances are on this one you're gonna pay anyhow.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bonestockevo8
Its really annoying and dangerous when people do not user their turn signal, regardless of whether you drive a SUV or an evo. Learn how to use your signal please.
I always use the turn signal when I'm mergin into traffic. I must admit that I sometimes don't when I feel it is a safe situatioin. My point is I've not signaled many many times in my SUV when merging into trafficless lanes and not been stopped. If cops pulled people over everytime they saw someone not using a signal, we couldn't print enough paper to make the tickets.

Like one poster said, he had a license plate cover on another vehicle for 3 years with no consequence, but the first day he put it on his Evo, he got ticketed.

Last edited by twinevo; Dec 21, 2004 at 01:11 PM.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LpBevoEvo
Yes he broke the law by not using his signal, and he stated this in his first post. So to all the "you broke the law so stfu" people. He just wants advice on how to not get points against him. I also can't stand people who dont signal, but noone is perfect. I doubt all of you have made every lane change and turn with your turn signal...
well i do make signal everytime i change lane.. even though there's nobody there at night.
anyhow, i believe if you have good enough reason as to why the signal is not lit up when you turn, the judge might let you go away this time
Old Dec 21, 2004, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bonestockevo8
Yeah doing that once in a while is a big difference from doing it HUNDREDS of times in a SUV. I don't understand the logic behind trying to fight something that you warranted 100%. Well maybe I do, but I don't think that is right. BTW, I do signal every single time I change lanes unless it is an emergency.
Going 5 miles over the speed limit is breaking the law too, but I'm sure you always stay under it. My point is if you go 5 mph over the speed limit in an SUV, you won't get a look from a cop. In the Evo, prolly not.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Another reason to get one without the wing and the altezza tailights.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

i probably would have said the wind blew me over to the other lane.

i, like hundreds of other people on this post have said, don't like it when other people don't signal either, but the man got a ticket for nothin. i got pulled over in knoxville at 5am for a tinted liscence plate cover. wtf! my gf was driving and there wasn't anyone out.

i think we all just have to realize that cops like to pick on people that don't like them and they think we are them. if you have a cop that has an evo, he probably won't pull another evo over unless he has a good *** reason. they are bias, and something we have to deal with.

another story, when i had my civic, i had my windows tinted pretty dark. i was pulled over JUST for the tint, and had a drug search done to my car because i drove a "suspicious" looking vehicle...give me a break!

good luck with the ticket!
Old Dec 21, 2004, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Personally I'd fight this. I'll be honest I hardly ever use my signal on an empty road and its just me. Nor will I ever use my signal when I'm in a turning lane because its ASSUMED! Sorry you got screwed and good luck on getting out of this.

Staton
Old Dec 21, 2004, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

That sucks man, because yesterday I was following a Sheriff's car and he didn't use his signal ONCE for several lane changes. I wish I coulda cited him

Seriously, I think the signal is to warn other drivers and if there are none it's not necessary. Keep in mind this is only my opinion, and I use my signal even when I don't need to (eg. leaving a driveway)... Hell, I even use it when I cut people off
Old Dec 21, 2004, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by twinevo
Going 5 miles over the speed limit is breaking the law too, but I'm sure you always stay under it. My point is if you go 5 mph over the speed limit in an SUV, you won't get a look from a cop. In the Evo, prolly not.
True, you got a point there. That is just the price we have to pay though for driving a sports car I suppose.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 03:08 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i wouldn't plead no contest.

I would save that up for the next big one.

I would just pay the fine, it's not that much points.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

go to court, fight it, hope for the judge to lower the fine (nothing to lose but some time)......
then remove the WING
Old Dec 21, 2004, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NOVA EVO
Use your turn signal in the future...few things **** me off more than drivers who don't use their signals...no offense, dude, but it's an accident waiting to happen...

That said, the cop was just looking for an excuse to pull you over...must've been a slow night...
What he said...nothing pisses me of more than someone not signaling. That stalk on the steering column is there for a reason...
Old Dec 21, 2004, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO Neil
What he said...nothing pisses me of more than someone not signaling. That stalk on the steering column is there for a reason...

You and many many police officeres who issue tickets to people with spoilers on the trunk of their car have not used turn signals at some point in their existence.
I think the intent of the officer here is suspicious at best. Especially if the original poster has stated never to have been pulled over in a previously owned SUV.

Profiling is real and cars that look like they are "rice" are targets. No one obeys 100% of the traffic laws 100% of the time. NO ONE----

Jesse
Old Dec 21, 2004, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

advice like "the cop probably won't show" shows how little the advice giver has had to deal with the court system in this country. Courts are now revenue generators. My bogus speeding ticket. your turn signal ticket. most tickets aren't written to enforece laws. For speeding and such, simply pulling the driver over is enforement of the law. the ticket is just a bonus for the municipality.

you should fight it. You can say the bulb or fuse was out. If you want it to cost more for the municipality, subpoena the cop. Plus, you get to make him get on the witness stand and ask him a bunch of questions. yeah, you might lose, but chances are it will cost more for the municipality to have you in court that day than the ticket was worth