Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just got a ticket last night for...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2004, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 02MaximizedVQ
You and many many police officeres who issue tickets to people with spoilers on the trunk of their car have not used turn signals at some point in their existence.
I think the intent of the officer here is suspicious at best. Especially if the original poster has stated never to have been pulled over in a previously owned SUV.

Profiling is real and cars that look like they are "rice" are targets. No one obeys 100% of the traffic laws 100% of the time. NO ONE----

Jesse

You're right, but I commute three hours a day and see plenty of rude drivers. As I stated before, the stalk is there for a reason and many don't have the courtesy to use it. I could write a book about the stuff I see...

Sorry, didn't mean to bag on the original poster, just venting more than anything.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 05:52 AM

Seriously, some of the posts on this thread of laughable..

#1 No matter what you get a ticket for, ALWAYS plead not guilty! I know that in PA when you get a ticket, you have to mail it in, at the bottom of the ticket you have a choice to make, you can sign the GUILTY line and send in the money OR you can sign the NOT GUILTY line and send in the money for the fine. Usually within the month you will get e notice in the mail of when your court date is.

Anyone saying to suck it up and pay the fine and take the points is a complete asshat.

#2. Check your state's/county laws regarding Signal Violations. I know in PA, you have to fail to signal TWICE in a prescrived period of time before they can pull you over for failing to signal.. Just because the cop says you broke the law, doesn't make it a fact.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by plokivos
i wouldn't plead no contest.

I would save that up for the next big one.

I would just pay the fine, it's not that much points.
You sir, are an Idiot.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVO Neil
You're right, but I commute three hours a day and see plenty of rude drivers. As I stated before, the stalk is there for a reason and many don't have the courtesy to use it. I could write a book about the stuff I see...

Sorry, didn't mean to bag on the original poster, just venting more than anything.

My biggest problem with this incident is that there was no one in the other lane. Now if there had been a long line of traffic and you darted in front of someone, then thats reason to cite someone in order to serve and protect the public. But driving the speed limit on an otherwise deserted road, who are you signaling for when there is no one in the lane you're about to merge with?

I just hope the officers intent was not motivated by the wing.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Show up, if the cop's there plead court supervision, if not you'll get off anyway.

They pull anyone over for this crap looking for more problems like DUI/DWIs.

... be careful out there ...
Old Dec 22, 2004, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KazzEvo8
Show up, if the cop's there plead court supervision, if not you'll get off anyway.

They pull anyone over for this crap looking for more problems like DUI/DWIs.

... be careful out there ...
court supervision=no contest?
Old Dec 22, 2004, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 02MaximizedVQ
My biggest problem with this incident is that there was no one in the other lane. Now if there had been a long line of traffic and you darted in front of someone, then thats reason to cite someone in order to serve and protect the public. But driving the speed limit on an otherwise deserted road, who are you signaling for when there is no one in the lane you're about to merge with?

I just hope the officers intent was not motivated by the wing.
if there was somone in the other lane, i'm sure he would have gotten me for something worse, like recklass driving. he had nothing on me, i was doing the speed limit so this is all he had. The irony of it all is that since I was going the speed limit, I wanted to get into the Slow lane as a courtesy to others.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 02:52 PM
Evolving Member

Hate to sound like a ****, but use the dang turn signal, it's there for others safety. If you didnt see the trooper, how do you know there was no one in that lane then. I see this all the time, it pisses me off. How *******ed hard is that little wand to ****ing move? I think they should take your license for a month if you don't use your damn signal. I have a fetish about this, I know, but I have been hit by people before, and would have been able to avoid if that flashing light had went on, or would have let them in.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

That's a lame ticket man, I'd take it to court. They might drop it??
Old Dec 22, 2004, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DizzyTT
Hate to sound like a ****, but use the dang turn signal, it's there for others safety. If you didnt see the trooper, how do you know there was no one in that lane then. I see this all the time, it pisses me off. How *******ed hard is that little wand to ****ing move? I think they should take your license for a month if you don't use your damn signal. I have a fetish about this, I know, but I have been hit by people before, and would have been able to avoid if that flashing light had went on, or would have let them in.
heil hitler! j/k...read my post, i said it was dark and I didn't know there was a trooper behind me. I could see that the right-most lane was clear of any traffic unless there was someone there without their lights on.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

Really, you know, I just get fed up with all the driving I do (100mi daily minimum) it gets to me when I see accidents because of lack of turn signal. And I have seen people driving without their headlights on, heck, I almost hit one today (white car in heavy snowfall, duh turn on your lights!). I break laws, I speed, heck, I probably drive recklessly (to others, I know what I am doing) but dangit, I use my turn signals religously, as well as everyone in my car wears a seatbelt or walks. It seems almost hypocritical, considering everything, It's just one of those things.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DizzyTT
Really, you know, I just get fed up with all the driving I do (100mi daily minimum) it gets to me when I see accidents because of lack of turn signal. And I have seen people driving without their headlights on, heck, I almost hit one today (white car in heavy snowfall, duh turn on your lights!). I break laws, I speed, heck, I probably drive recklessly (to others, I know what I am doing) but dangit, I use my turn signals religously, as well as everyone in my car wears a seatbelt or walks. It seems almost hypocritical, considering everything, It's just one of those things.
I'm going to have to agree with Dizzy, he's harsh, but correct in everything regarding signaling. More accidents and potential points of conflict can be avoided by using a signal.

I'm sorry an officer had to write you a ticket.

As an example, try living overseas ... anything more than a 45 deg. angle of a turn and your signal is on. Cop usually don't pull you over for signaling in other countries, because of the narrower roads, but they will sure pull you over in a parking lot if you don't signal going into it, or coming out of one.

Coming from a family and culture that doesn't signal, it took me awhile to really dicipline myself into doing it. Now, if I don't signal (usually on pure accident), I actually feel guilty about it in about 0.5sec. I'd suggest the same.

jcnel.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

Sorry, don't mean to be mean.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 05:20 PM
JTB
Evolved Member

It is interesting that you reference not using your indicator in your SUV. Not to use a stereotype, but… I have seen some of the most lazy, unobservant and positively stupid driving by SUV owners. This is usually done by middle age drivers for whom their car/SUV is solely a means of transportation. I can’t believe that you would come on an enthusiast’s forum and complain about getting a ticket for being a lazy git!!!

Using your indicator is habit, like using your seatbelt. I feel strange and out of place when I don’t use my indicator. If this was routine for you then you would not have gotten the ticket -- possibly in the future you will avoid an accident because hopefully you will be using it.

I am surprised you didn’t get a ticket for not wearing your seatbelt as well!

Kudos to the cop!

Sorry for the rant -- pet peeve
Old Dec 22, 2004, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

In Cali It Is Not Illegal To Change Lanes Without Your Blinker As Long As No Cars Are In Danger Of Getting Hit.