Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just got a ticket last night for...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2004, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NOVA EVO
Use your turn signal in the future...few things **** me off more than drivers who don't use their signals...no offense, dude, but it's an accident waiting to happen...
Old Dec 22, 2004, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Smokin Evo
In Cali It Is Not Illegal To Change Lanes Without Your Blinker As Long As No Cars Are In Danger Of Getting Hit.
Are you sure about that? I highly doubt it, especially considering that some of the worst bottlenecks in the country are in California. Even if it is legal, you should still signal out of courtesy; just my two cents.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by evo_whiplash
To late for this but here you go....
Tell them that it must be burnt out, as he walks to the back reach down pull the fuse then you can show him that they don't work. All you will get is a fixit ticket. lmao
Just pay it the fine can't be that bad.

GOOD IDEA!!! Reach down in your car!!! I wonder what the cop would think of that if he saw you..

Good way to get shot, dont do that.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

update: story has a happy ending

just got out of court. after pleading not guilty, i was given the option of setting a trial date or negotiating with the city attorney on a settlement. the city attorney took one look at my ticket and before i even said a word, he wrote "dismissed" on the case papers. understand that he had to deal with nothing but drunk driving, reckless driving, drug possession, etc cases all morning. after seeing my ticket for failure to use a turn signal...

thanks to all who advised i fight this. it was never about the money, it was about my clean driving record.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 09:53 AM
Evolving Member

Man are you serious !!!!!! a turn signal is the easiest thing to operate. pay the ticket and worry about fighting the will to be lazy when you change lanes.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mars
Man are you serious !!!!!! a turn signal is the easiest thing to operate. pay the ticket and worry about fighting the will to be lazy when you change lanes.
Better read the post directly above yours again...
Old Jan 5, 2005, 10:00 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by a1andres
You sir, are an Idiot.
ah.... some people just don't get it.

Good it turned out ok.

Last edited by plokivos; Jan 5, 2005 at 10:02 AM.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ride22
fight it

Dude, just pay it... you broke the law, you pay for it. If you stole something and get caught, why would you wanna fight it? Be a man, just pay up. Don't blame the evos looks on this one.

EDIT: Good job on beating it, you still suck.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Some people just don't get it. To them, using turn signals seems like some kind of weakness or "compliance with the man". They don't get it. These are often the same people who don't turn their lights on in ****ty weather, or who tailgate, etc.

The fact of the matter is, the majority of people who change lanes usually do so in a predictable fashion, so it's rarely a surprise to other attentive drivers even if they don't use their signals.

As with most driving laws, it's the unattentive drivers you need to worry about.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 03:53 PM
Evolving Member

I'm glad you got out of the ticket. People who drive "normal" cars without the EVO's wing on their decklid change lanes all the time without signaling. You were clearly a target based on a generalization and the country does not need jackpot justice based on generalizations. Congrats....

Jesse
Old Jan 5, 2005, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 02MaximizedVQ
I'm glad you got out of the ticket. People who drive "normal" cars without the EVO's wing on their decklid change lanes all the time without signaling. You were clearly a target based on a generalization and the country does not need jackpot justice based on generalizations. Congrats....

Jesse
Thanks. I'm now looking at the lower profile ralliart spoiler. I don't want to deal with it anymore. I live in Minnesota and drive to Wisconsin sometimes and from what I've read about Wisconsin, it's another hassle waiting to happen.