Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Just got a ticket last night for...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got a ticket last night for...

not using my signal. I was in the middle lane of a 3 lane highway and merged into the right lane. There was absoultely no one in that lane. This was at night so I had no idea there was a Trooper behind me. Tried to explain that there was no one in the lane I was merging to, but he wasnt having it. I know I broke the law, but don't these cops have better things to do? Do they really hate this car that much?

Any suggestions on how to beat a ticket for not using the turn signal?
Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

To late for this but here you go....
Tell them that it must be burnt out, as he walks to the back reach down pull the fuse then you can show him that they don't work. All you will get is a fixit ticket. lmao
Just pay it the fine can't be that bad.

Last edited by evo_whiplash; Dec 21, 2004 at 08:48 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

That sucks but technically you broke the law, pay it. Wrong time wrong place.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twinevo
pay for it
Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

i mean how many points can this be? just go to court and plead guilty with explanation and they'll probably give you zero points with like $100 fee etc
Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Just pay the ticket, I got pulled over for that when no one was in the lane either, in fact there was no one for miles.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Willie Dynamite
That sucks but technically you broke the law, pay it. Wrong time wrong place.
You're right and I don't mind paying it. It just sucks because I'm sure I've broken the same law 100 times before in my SUV and cops never did anything, but because I'm in a "Ricer" now...
Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

dude thats still a moving violation... dont take a stupid advice and just pay it because then you are admitting guilt and get the full brunt of the penalty... you go to court THEN plead guilty with reason... that way they'll most likely drop the points and save you insurance money in the long run....
Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mifesto
dude thats still a moving violation... dont take a stupid advice and pay it... you go to court then plead guilty with reason... that way they'll most likely drop the points and save you insurance money in the long run....
that's what I meant by "beat". I know I'll have to plead guilty, I was just wondering if anyone has a good story to plead.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
fight it
Old Dec 21, 2004, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

its his word against the cops.... so ur walking into court asking to loose
Old Dec 21, 2004, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Do you have a clean record other than this? If you do, then usually the courts will just make you pay the fine and drop the points. If you have other violations, probably best to just pay it and deal with it.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

honestly -- i wouldn't pay the fine. Insurance increases in my area just suck for the lamest tickets. If you can -- go to traffic school -- before you go ...smoke a blunt and it won't be so bad I'd rather take the school with no points rather than paying the ticket and getting points.
Old Dec 21, 2004, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twinevo
not using my signal. I was in the middle lane of a 3 lane highway and merged into the right lane. There was absoultely no one in that lane. This was at night so I had no idea there was a Trooper behind me. Tried to explain that there was no one in the lane I was merging to, but he wasnt having it. I know I broke the law, but don't these cops have better things to do? Do they really hate this car that much?

Use your turn signal in the future...few things **** me off more than drivers who don't use their signals...no offense, dude, but it's an accident waiting to happen...

That said, the cop was just looking for an excuse to pull you over...must've been a slow night...
Old Dec 21, 2004, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i know what you mean. In my last car, even though it was an eclipse, it didn't have a big wing or anything that just screamed RICER. I never got tickets for stupid crap. Now I get tickets every time I sneeze. I get cops flipping *****es just to follow me and ticket me for "illegally modifying my license plates" (having license plate covers, $350). and "Failing to use my turn signal" (in a parking lot, well he didn't actually ticket me because I don't think he legally could...he was tailing me for a good 20 minutes in an unmarked SUV with his headlights off till he finally had to make something up to pull me over before I got out of my car. His first questions were "what are you doing here and what do you do for a living". I hate cops now. Profiling is a *****. Oh by the way, the license plate covers I put on were from my old vehicle, and I had them on for over 3 years without incident. When I was pulled over for having them on my Evo, I had had them on for 1 day (I just got my permanent plates that day).