Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo with dual exhaust...?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2008, 09:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's actually one person I remembered on Super-Street Magazine with a GG IX that had a custom dual muffler set-up by ARC. The back looks like a 08 M5 muffler set-up, if anyone can find that you'll be amazed.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 12:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Greyfox5
agree on both, it just wont look right but hey, its ur car and u will most likely be one of very few evo owners who have it.
i think bro if u wna put a dual exhaust on ur evo go and do it man and dont worry bout wat sum poofy low life has got to say bout it like for instance u prob think im a ****** cuz i put a full evo 6 engine in my car but i dont care lol it goes like a shower of **** and its the ultimate sleepa... if u think itll look gud try it!!! [/IMG]
Old Jan 1, 2009, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Greyfox5
agree on both, it just wont look right but hey, its ur car and u will most likely be one of very few evo owners who have it.
i think bro if u wna put a dual exhaust on ur evo go and do it man and dont worry bout wat sum poofy low life has got to say bout it like for instance u prob think im a ****** cuz i put a full evo 6 engine in my car but i dont care lol it goes like a shower of **** and its the ultimate sleepa... if u think itll look gud try it!!! [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old Jan 1, 2009, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
that car is maybe fast, but i dont like the look at all. I think to call that " ultimate sleeper"...
I thought the sleeper /never mind ultimate/ looks like a normal car.
This one is ... just i would say it is simple as i can: not.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

haha, reminds me when I went to check out an X - the first thing the salesman points out is the dual exhaust! Like anyone interested in an Evo would care!

But if its a unique look you're after, if it floats your boat, go for it!
Old Jan 1, 2009, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
that car is maybe fast, but i dont like the look at all. I think to call that " ultimate sleeper"...
I thought the sleeper /never mind ultimate/ looks like a normal car.
This one is ... just i would say it is simple as i can: not.
good one bro n yea thats tru id agree so r u telling me that in my lancer u wld have known that i had a evo 6 engine in it is that what ur saying just because its got a kit dont mean they kno wtf is in the engine bay. u guys go on bout how to make ur damn evos sleepa except the reali stupid thing is that we all kno its a evo NOT a sleepa bro ( thats a lil hypocrticall )
Old Jan 2, 2009, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by evo-lutionized
good one bro n yea thats tru id agree so r u telling me that in my lancer u wld have known that i had a evo 6 engine in it is that what ur saying just because its got a kit dont mean they kno wtf is in the engine bay. u guys go on bout how to make ur damn evos sleepa except the reali stupid thing is that we all kno its a evo NOT a sleepa bro ( thats a lil hypocrticall )
well bro , the sleeper is a sleeper. Meaning no visible sign of modification.
The "Ultimate" probably the bone stock looking would be..
You got it?
So if you have a bone stock looking evo with 450-600 whp i can call it a sleeper. Not an ultimate , but still. Since it has an unexpected performance.

If you have a Lancer with stock exterior or simple modification on it, but 400 whp, that is a sleeper.
If you have a Lancer with extensive exterior modification on it, and 400 whp , is not a sleeper.
If you have a Lancer with extensive exterior modification it and stock engine, they call it rice.

So make myself clear. For me the sleeper is any production car, which produce an unexpected performance.
That is can be even the corvette c6 with 1000 whp too.

Old Jan 2, 2009, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

no dual exhaust on the Evo, the X barely pulls it off and that's just because the rear bumper is designed for it
Old Jan 2, 2009, 08:45 AM

A few Evo's in the UK are running a dual exhaust set up, such as this one

http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...5&highlight=gt

The reason being the dual exhaust was not as loud as a straight single exhaust. The owner had problems getting flagged at various tracks for noise restriction. If you do a search a round there are a few more with similiar set ups for the same reason....

Not rice at all in my opinion

Last edited by Chronic Evo; Jan 2, 2009 at 08:51 AM. Reason: typo