Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 9 update

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2005, 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Darkchild
The January issue of Road and Track also some info on the Evo 9 and a pic of what the 10 might look like(God I hope it doesn't look like that). This is what it says:

News of the demise of Mitsubihsi Motors has been greatly exaggerated. We say so because we got our hands on an illustration from the company of what the Evo X("ten," not "X") may look like. That mitsubishi had this image of the Evo X (which we've cleaned up to look like a finalized production car) even before the introduction of the Evo IX tells us two things: one, that Mitsubishi intends on hanging around for a while; and two, the Evo X will be an all-new car.

Although details are sketchy, the Evo X will feature a rounder design with a more aggressive face and stance. A new turbocharged inline-4 along with a new all-wheel-drive system that's similar to the one being used by the World Rally race car are rumored to be in development; power will be at least 300bhp.

What this means is that the Evo will be even meaner than it is now, and that's saying something about the most potent Japanese performance car in the land. The Evo X will be introduced sometime in 2007 with a pricetag of about $30,000.

Also in the new issue of SCC they mentioned something about a GDI (Gasoline Direct Injection) and it may be 2.4 liters.

The new Skyline is going to cost around 70k which is out of my league, the Evo X looks f'ugly and all this guess work is making me sick. I think I need a drink.
What did they have to say about the Evo IX?
Old Jan 2, 2005, 11:50 PM
Evolving Member

The Evo IX (from SCC) will be the MR that we have now with 310-315hp, some minor tweaks to the fascia and rear end and still no mention of ayc or Sayc
Old Jan 2, 2005, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

Every year I seem to say to myself "please dont let them come out with something I must have" I bought this car because it was and is the hottest performance car, with every new upgrade My frown gets more severe, Its not enough that they get faster but I have a feeling they are going to get more luxurious interior wise which would make me uber jealous
Old Jan 5, 2005, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is the difference between AYC in JDM Evos, SAYC and the US Evo 8 version?
Old Jan 5, 2005, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Hmm the evo 8 never had sayc.

Anyways, I cant wait to find out the specs when they arrive. I really want a front lsd/acd, and will trade-in my 03 if prices for the MR goes down, or if the evo9 is priced right. I still love my 03, but everytime I pickup a magazine and read about the MR, I get real depressed about not having a front lsd. Even if I want to go with a quaife lsd, I'd have to wait for the next batch.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by k270kmh
What is the difference between AYC in JDM Evos, SAYC and the US Evo 8 version?
This short clip from Best Motoring shows the difference between AYC on the Evo 7 and SAYC on the Evo 8. The US Evo 8 has neither.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hanahawaiian
what about Evo 9 MR??? There no News about New EVO 9 MR??? im not talk about GSR or RS.. im talk about MR evo 9

That's what I want to know. What could they do to the Evo IX MR to distinguish it from the GSR and RS. Another exclusive color? Not worth the price. Maybe FQ340 spec with SAYC would do the trick.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

If the 9 has AYC that will be what gets me to buy one...
someone needs to show that to MMA so they can figure it out lol
screw the new MR, not interested in the slightest with out AYC
-James
Old Jan 5, 2005, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

So do you think it would be better to wait an get the EVO 9 or just get the 8.
Old Jan 5, 2005, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Up to you homeboy. I've been to the holy city and she is good, now I want some AYC and ACD.
If you can wait then do so, if not get you one and realize that either it be a 8 or a 9 it is a good car.
-James
Old Jan 6, 2005, 02:58 AM
Evolving Member

8 or 9

That is totally the choice you have to make
all I know is if they aren't selling 2005 VIII's cause everyone is waiting for the 9 then you can get a Kick a.s.s. deal on a 2005 VIII and still have an awesome car. It all depends on how much you're willing to pay.

Remember the name of the car is evolution, and the car is going to continue to evolve, the next version is always going to be slightly better than the previous version, just buy what you can afford.

I'm sure the IX is going to be priced somewhere close to the MR edition, to keep it competitive.
As I have said before about the MR, GSR, RS, in the UK as of 2005 they have 2 main type of evo they have the Straight VIII (Standard GSR Evo with low profile GT Spoiler and 260 Hp) and then there is the MR FQ300, FQ320, FQ340, VFQ400.
So I think the MR is going to be the base platform before long.
Only time will tell.
Old Jan 7, 2005, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wannaevo
So do you think it would be better to wait an get the EVO 9 or just get the 8.
According to SCC the Evo IX will come with 310-315hp which is not bad considering the STi has 300hp and still gets it's *ss handed to it by the current 276hp MR unless Subaru decides to Spec-C us.

If I were you I'd wait because by the time it comes out in fall you could save up a nice chunk of change to really put a dent in the price. Besides nothing beats the feeling of being the first on the block with the new hottest ride.

But if you can get a good deal on an 8, the money that you would save from going to the 9 can be used for mods.

Quickly guys, how much would it cost to get an evo 8 at 276hp to 315hp?

Last edited by Darkchild; Jan 7, 2005 at 11:03 PM.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Darkchild

Quickly guys, how much would it cost to get an evo 8 at 276hp to 315hp?
If your looking at about 40hp increase then I would think a turbo back exhaust could come close. But there are so many other options on how to achieve those numbers. I would say $1000-1500 depending on brand name. But the actual wheel hp is not 275, its much lower which is close to 230.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 04:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Derek888
If your looking at about 40hp increase then I would think a turbo back exhaust could come close. But there are so many other options on how to achieve those numbers. I would say $1000-1500 depending on brand name. But the actual wheel hp is not 275, its much lower which is close to 230.
Well in that case it's better to go 8 and then mod.