Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

"Best backed cars" lol

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2004, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Best backed cars" lol

They are the best backed cars in the world because they need it, lol

Well, 1800 miles on the new 05' RS and the rear felt like it was dragging the brakes or something, took it to the dealer and they said it was the differential, lol

This car is only 2 weeks old and was broken in per the owners manual and we did not race the car, it didnt even see that much boost as my girl drives it mostly and its mostly higway miles. Just trying to say we in no way abused the car. We did use the "snow" acd setting Monday in the snow and it seemed just fine.

Oh well, waiting to here what needs to be fixed/replaced and how long we'll be without our NEW car...

With all the quality issues surrounding this car we're beginning to wonder, the drivetrain is impressive, but the rest of the car is bottom of the line crap. Not that we were expecting a luxury car interior, but I mean even my SRT-4 dosent creak and rattle and Its got 12,000 miles on it already...
Old Dec 23, 2004, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by omniphil

Well, 1800 miles on the new 05' RS and the rear felt like it was dragging the brakes or something, took it to the dealer and they said it was the differential, lol

This car is only 2 weeks old and was broken in per the owners manual and we did not race the car, it didnt even see that much boost as my girl drives it mostly and its mostly higway miles. Just trying to say we in no way abused the car. We did use the "snow" acd setting Monday in the snow and it seemed just fine.

Oh well, waiting to here what needs to be fixed/replaced and how long we'll be without our NEW car...

With all the quality issues surrounding this car we're beginning to wonder, the drivetrain is impressive, but the rest of the car is bottom of the line crap. Not that we were expecting a luxury car interior, but I mean even my SRT-4 dosent creak and rattle and Its got 12,000 miles on it already...
Sorry to hear that.

Mayber you just got a lemon or something.

I don't mind the interior at all. This is a guy who's been driving BMW's his whole life. The interior may be spartan, but you have to remember that this is a performance vehicle that can make supercars look bad on the track.

I haven't had any problems with my Evo (knock on wood). It only has 1300 miles on it so far.

Keep us posted on what happens.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

yeah when i see the commercials with the mitsu mechanics lined all the way up the road to replace the tire stem cap, or the one with the mechanic working on the driving outlander, i almost puke. everytime. we should back a mock commercial and threaten to put it on cable on day. it would be funny as all hell.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by omniphil

Any car could have manufacture defect from day one. No problem there as long as they will fix it. Mitsu sux but the EVO is a great car.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kapolani
Sorry to hear that.

Mayber you just got a lemon or something.

I don't mind the interior at all. This is a guy who's been driving BMW's his whole life. The interior may be spartan, but you have to remember that this is a performance vehicle that can make supercars look bad on the track.

I haven't had any problems with my Evo (knock on wood). It only has 1300 miles on it so far.

Keep us posted on what happens.
Yeah, i'm sure its just a lemon, thats all, I just hope this isnt a sign of bad things to come. And it pretty much means that mod are now out because we will need the warranty...

The interior is decent dont get me wrong, I'm just saying that compared to the srt-4 which is a bottom of the line pos as well, the neon interior feels like luxury compared to the lancer. And I dont really care about the interior that much, its just annoying to have the car rattle and creak brand new.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evolved04
yeah when i see the commercials with the mitsu mechanics lined all the way up the road to replace the tire stem cap, or the one with the mechanic working on the driving outlander, i almost puke. everytime. we should back a mock commercial and threaten to put it on cable on day. it would be funny as all hell.
I have been a member of this board for along time and have been reading alot about the Evo, and Even before we owned one, I would always laugh at that commercial... Of course you can back your car for 100,000 miles, the warranty always get voided way before that, lol
Old Dec 23, 2004, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

you do realize the RS will rattle and squeak a lot more than the other Evos don't you? I believe it comes stripped of all the sound damping material to save on weight. even a bmw will squeak and rattle without this material.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No car company claims their vehicles are perfect and will NEVER have problems, that's what warranties are for.

So you mean, you just now took it in for service, they are in the process of fixing it haven't denied your claim and your calling it a lemon? Do you know what the definition of a lemon is?
Old Dec 23, 2004, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

twinevo is right, i have taken out sound damping material in 87 mustang and you will be suprised how well that stuff really works. it went from a very quiet ride to being able to hear the tires while driving, the fuel pump whine, tranny noise, exhaust got 10x louder and slight rattles in the doors. in other words it went back in the next weekend, saving 15lbs is not worth the noise.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

Just for reference, I have removed all the sound damping material out of my srt-4 as well, and I have also stripped the trunk bare too. Its the plastic and glass that creak mostly, places where they have no sound damping material originally. Even with the loud srt-4 exahust the Srt-4 is way quieter inside.

On a side note, We are getting a rental car now, the whole rear end is being replaced in the Evo.
Old Dec 23, 2004, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by evolved04
I'm up to the making a parody commercial. I have all the video equipment one would need to do this. We could then pass it around on the internet and see what happens. If anyone is seriosuly intrested PM. I live in Maryland so that would be a limitation to who can actually be in the video.

ideas people.....
Old Dec 23, 2004, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

maybe i'm confused, post removed
Old Dec 23, 2004, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

Update...

The dealer is going to overnight the entire rear end for the car, they are even going to open up the dealer for us on Sunday so we can pick the car up.

We will be enjoying a Chevy Aveo rental for a few days

The dealer's near me (Dodge and Mitsu) are great luckily, but having the rear diff go at 1800 miles makes me question Mitsubishi...

Merry X-mas from Mitsubishi!
Old Dec 23, 2004, 11:17 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
"best baked cars in the world."
Old Dec 23, 2004, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Another Update
They cannot get the whole rear end overnight, big suprise there.
So we wait until at least tuesday for it to arrive. Well at least we are enjoying our new $28k Chevy Aevo

Its funny tho, the $10K Aveo dosent squeek and rattle and its a rental beater

Quick Reply: "Best backed cars" lol