Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo 9 driven by Gilles Panzinni

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2004, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
WOW !!!

Gilles has some mad skills. I hope 2005 is a good year for him. He really deserves better.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 08:10 AM
SoR
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Samdiver74
If you notice too the center Dash has slight changes, maybe the Climate control will be the lower slot on the dash, also noticed that the car also had the Dark Momo steering wheel, and the MR recaro seats but it looks like there are leather accents on those seats, look at the Shoulder bolsters, there are also Dark headlight housings and Taillights etc etc etc to name a few.
Oh also Aluminum roof but there are no Vortex Generators on the roof, so those are still going to be added on later, unless they can mold the aluminum roof with them included. Also noticed after watching the video again that the rear spoiler has an added lip on it to increase downforce like the one RMR makes in Carbon fiber, Very interesting find keep more videos like that coming, they are greatly appreciated.
As far as I know, JDM cars have double-din center console available so that's not new and I believe since this is a preproduction car (prototype) other changes might turn up later (as well as vortex generator on molded with the roof). We'll see
Old Dec 27, 2004, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I noticed on the interior video, the guy doesn't heel-to-toe downshift (aka revmatch). He lets the clutch bring his rpms up for him when he downshifts.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evolution7GSR
i want that car!!!!! ahh!!!
Screw the car - I just want to be able to DRIVE LIKE THAT!
Old Dec 27, 2004, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by machron1
Can someone that speaks French please translate what Gilles says at the end into English and post it on this thread?

Thanks!
Forgive me if I'm mistaken, I haven't had to use my french much since high-school :P

Gilles basically says that there are two points that really stand out to him as being different from the VIII:
- The car is more stable, precise and firm.... and therefore faster! I believe he mentioned that the centre of gravity is lower.
- Turbo response is much better.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Antioch
Forgive me if I'm mistaken, I haven't had to use my french much since high-school :P

Gilles basically says that there are two points that really stand out to him as being different from the VIII:
- The car is more stable, precise and firm.... and therefore faster! I believe he mentioned that the centre of gravity is lower.
- Turbo response is much better.
Thanks !
Old Dec 27, 2004, 09:00 AM

Last edited by Transient; Dec 27, 2004 at 09:06 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2004, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

yeah I saw that it had the alum roof ridges.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 02:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
uhm.... yeah i noticed he doesn't heel toe also... but it seems that it doesn't need to for some reason... as if he slows enough that the revs are automatically matched, i.e. he's not pushing the speed to the limit, btw... he wasn't going very fast so i don't see why you guys are all sayin' you wanna drive like that... there's other vids on mitsu's page where he's REALLY driving so i'll asume you guys mean drive like THAT.

on closer examination it seems that he's also brake shifting, the affects of car unbalancing due to downshifting is much lessened under braking and he does all his down shifting and braking in a straight line so hence not too much jerking. also notice he does multiple down shifts, no one big hop czu that would prolly be an embarassing disaster given this style of driving.

also... prolly wouldn't expect him to be expert at heel toe, or at least not as we kinda see it all the time in best motoring and such, he's driving rally pret cars with sequential trannies and also it's much less important the down shifting and what not in rallying, it's all about controlling your oversteer.

Last edited by trinydex; Dec 28, 2004 at 02:17 AM.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 03:08 AM
Evolving Member

Maybe it's just me, but the track he's on looks like the Touge track they use in Best Motoring.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 03:22 AM
Evolving Member

Panizzi is a WRC driver, so obviously he does have the skill to really drive like a pro. And it would take some time to drive like him, even if ur talented. Anyways, has anyone converted it to mpeg format yet? =)
Old Dec 28, 2004, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
it's not that track... that track doesn't have any large turn out areas and he passes a large turn out area. the touge track they use whatever motorcycle speedway is just one tiny road the whole way.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

That was a gorgeous EVO too. I think Red is hot. It doesn't seem to be as popular of a color not sure why.

I would have loved to have been in the passenger seat during that flogging.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

Very impressive driving in that evo IX. A definite trade up from my 04 to that IX when ever it comes to the US. Almost traded into an MR...saving up for that IX now. Thanx Derek888 for that video. Good find!