Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

scariest drive ever

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2004, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sylvester31
for anybody still with the advan, get snow tires. it snowed a little over here, 2 inches or 3 but i just got home from work, usually it takes me 15 minutes today it took me an hour and half. first i get to a stop sign, push the brakes gently, the abs kicks in and the car just kept going to the middle of the street, thank god no cars were coming, then i get to a turn, i am in 2nd gear try to turn and the car went straight with the steering wheel turned all the way to the right and almost hit the curb. all this was at around 20 mph. scared the sh*t out of me.
the snow got me by surprise but the blizzaks are on the way.
Sounds very similar to my experience. See the thread below...and yes, I was on Adavans too. Put some BF Goodrich Traction all-seasons on last week and they work very well. The guy at DiscountTires said these were the best alternative to a dedicated snow tire.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...6&page=1&pp=15
Old Dec 27, 2004, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
after a year or two of struggle, i got first blizzaks then alpins (michelin) for my RWD M3. Those plus two bags of sand in the trunk, and I was invincible. 60 mph in 4-6" of virgin snow, awesome rally style driving. Its by far the most fun i've had in my car in those conditions. I miss the snow, kinda.

so in recap, snow tires for snow. even ice.

dress for the occasion, right? dont wear curoffs and a t shirt to the prom!