Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Latest Specs for the Evolution VIII to Mitsubishi Dealers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2002, 06:40 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im still into EVO`s ,i love EVO`s but if i can make a profit on it,ill sell it to who eve wants to pay my price
Old Dec 19, 2002, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

And people wonder why the dealers are going to mark up the Evo VIII.

It's not ok if the dealer (the Man) marks up the cars, but to many of the consumers, it's ok to turn around and sell the car at a profit.

Cheers,

Paul Hansen
Old Dec 19, 2002, 07:18 PM
Account Disabled

i bought the EVO for an investment.i could had bought a 350Z,Z06 or even a G35 with no problem,but once you drive those thing out of the show room the value drops for the fact that you can find one at every dealership.when u have a car that highly desired ,highly wanted and so few of,people want them.and to be fortunite do get a chance to pick up at a great price.hard to say no.and its hard to say no when someone offers you more then what u paid for the car
Old Dec 19, 2002, 08:54 PM
Evolving Member

I've heard from a couple people that the A046's were vastly superior to the Bridgestone S02, which is a very good tire in its own right. Can you elaborate on what about them you find lacking, and what you consider to be better? PM me if you don't feel like posting and sending this thread (more) off topic, but I am quite curious about this.

Hey WestSideBilly,

The A046s are a better tire than the S02 in the dry, yes. In the rain, not many tires can beat the S02.
That said, I had the opportunity to drive the A046 in 4 track days, and 2 AutoXes. While they are good tires and last quite a long time (mine still have quite some tread left), they are not as good as say the Falken Azenis or BFG KDs. But those 2 have less tread than the A046.
The A046s squeal a lot, and do get quite greasy after some heat has been built in them. My next set of tires will likely be the Azenis. I have them on my M Coupe and they rock. No wonder why all SCCA Street Touring classes use them.
Old Dec 19, 2002, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

i bought the EVO for an investment
You bought a CAR for an investment?!
Next time buy some property or something. Unless you got a super deal on the Evo..like under 30k you won't make any money off of it. Good luck though.
Old Dec 20, 2002, 12:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Celm
i bought the EVO for an investment.i could had bought a 350Z,Z06 or even a G35 with no problem,but once you drive those thing out of the show room the value drops for the fact that you can find one at every dealership.when u have a car that highly desired ,highly wanted and so few of,people want them.and to be fortunite do get a chance to pick up at a great price.hard to say no.and its hard to say no when someone offers you more then what u paid for the car

Ummm An EVO isn't an investment
See if you can get more then what you paid for it the next year

Edit - If it's the one imported from EI then it probably will hold it's value for sometime but not the US EVO

Last edited by KavMan; Dec 20, 2002 at 12:27 AM.
Old Dec 20, 2002, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by KavMan

Ummm An EVO isn't an investment
See if you can get more then what you paid for it the next year

Edit - If it's the one imported from EI then it probably will hold it's value for sometime but not the US EVO
I don't see what's so funny. A rare car is an investment. They'll hold their values and sometimes increase in value. He has a 2002 Evo VII RSII. Look at his sidebar next time.
Old Dec 20, 2002, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

while it's cool that he has an EVO VII...rare as it may be...fact of the matter is, if he sells it, he will be lucky to sell it at the price he paid for it.

my $.02
Old Dec 20, 2002, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

no... i think that is the one that he says is inbound, and will be for sale....so... he has a NISSAN Sentra...wooohooo

Originally posted by ru4real

I don't see what's so funny. A rare car is an investment. They'll hold their values and sometimes increase in value. He has a 2002 Evo VII RSII. Look at his sidebar next time.
Old Dec 20, 2002, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

Do we know yet whether or not that the carbon fiber wing on the US Evo VIII will be functional? I've seen smal comments about this here and there, but no one has a real answer, plus on all these spec sheets going around they make no mention of it being fuctional and I think that would be a feature worth mentioning. Anyone know for sure if it's functional?
Old Dec 20, 2002, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

functional in what sense? adjustable wing?
Old Dec 20, 2002, 07:13 AM
Account Disabled

to all you guys,dont worry.i had things in the works for this car the day i bought it.either wich way ill still be ahead w/this car,from owning something rare or making a nice penny on it
Old Dec 20, 2002, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

I've read that the wing is functional-- it helps high-speed stability.
Old Dec 20, 2002, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by ru4real
I've read that the wing is functional-- it helps high-speed stability.
i'm pretty sure that the engineers at mitsu would have tested and designed a wing that is
"functional"...increase downforce at high speeds. with the power of this car and the "warnings" they give out on the tech sheet, anything else other than a "functional" spoiler would probably be a hazard.
Old Dec 20, 2002, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Why are you telling me?

Quick Reply: Latest Specs for the Evolution VIII to Mitsubishi Dealers