Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

ahhh decisions decisions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2004, 07:49 AM
AcA
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ahhh decisions decisions

I been in love with the Evo for about a year and half now and been addicted to it ever since. But now it is time to finally get my car I been getting second thoughts. I'm still driving RSX-S and the lease is up on Jan 26th and looking to purchase 05 WW or Electric Blue GSR. But last night something strucked me when I went to the Mazda dealer last night for a test drive of RX8. I know performance wise there is absolutely no contest but the two toned leathered seats and the interior gave me second thoughts.

My parents will be purchasing my next car for me (don't flame me I know I'm lucky) and they feel that Evolution is not worth the money ...Their price comparing cars such as rx8 and g35 and we all know they are little bit prettier. But we all the EVO worth every penny performance wise.

I dont know where I'm going with this topic but this how I feel as of right now. I'm 80% sure i'll be getting an 05 EVO but that other 20% is calling out G35, 350z, or RX8.

oh yeah by the way I have never drove or been in an EVO. Does dealer let you test drive these days. I live NJ what is a good, reasonable price to buy the car for.
I would really love to get it for invoice. Do you think it's possible in Jan.

Last edited by AcA; Dec 28, 2004 at 07:53 AM.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are unsure...wait. We all know that the interior isn't as luxurious as it could be....but that isn't what the car is about. If you are looking for something with that kind of comfort, head that direction because if you end up getting the evo and regreting it, you will kick yourself and your parents probably won't be too happy with you not being 100% satisfied with what they buy you.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

Coming from an RSX myself, the source of my screen name, the Evo is a much better car. But not just for performance. The Evo is a larger car, and great for trips. It has more storage space and can fit 2 full size adults in the back.
Compare to the RX-8, which I test drove, the Evo is more confortable on the highway, and the driver has better visabity. The RX-8 has painfully slow steering compared to the Evo, and the RSX. The RSX has a better ride than the RX-8, and I would take a 2005 Type S over the RX-8 any day of the week. With the RX-8, you are going backward from the RSX. With the Evo, you give up some Acura luxury, but the you gain the conveniance of a four door sedan. My insurance went down significantly when I changed from the RSX to the Evo, really shocked me. As for the 350Z, two seater, not much room, not easy to see out of. As for the G35, my boss has one. It does not feel like a sports car. I would rather get the new 2005 RSX Type S instead of the G35, which come with Type R goodies and save about 10K. But, when looking at the Evo compared to the others, it is just a better driving car with the conveniance of a four door. But, also, there is the point that the Evo will destroy alost any car made from point A to point B, but everyone already know that.

Last edited by Racer RS X; Dec 28, 2004 at 10:00 AM.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

i dont know your age, but i have my evo about 2 years now and i love averything about it, but i think i am starting to lose intrest in this type of car, my next car will def. be all luxury. if you are into driving hard and fast go for the evo. if you want to have a good amount of performance and still want luxury i would go with rx8 or g35 or even the acura TL. if i was buying now after driving the evo for 2 years i would get into the g35 or TL. But I would def. miss the driving experience of the evo.

keep one thing in mind if you buy the evo, its rough around the edges, rough ride, handles like a champ, and has enough power to keep you happy and of course all that with awd.
everything you look at will be rate lower in some of the things listed above but you get comfort and a dif. kind of style.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Aca, you remind me of the rich kids from my old prep school (Tom brady just donated his Super Bowl mvp Caddie to the school's raffle this last month). Have dad get you a used Porche or a Vette, they hold value very well and many of them can blow the doors off of a stock Evo. The Evo is a hot rodders car and I will bet that dad will not let you have it tunned. I guess I am luck as my son has been able to buy his own cars since he was a junior in HS.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

if you arent die hard about the evo, then dont get it. it is a super niche market, and if you wont be comfortable in it, well you probably wont, then rethink this. you should be able to drive an evo, especially since mom and dad are footing the bill. take one of them in there, and drive it. it is so far from luxury it may may you gag, or you may get on the far right peddle and forget about luxury. good luck. have you looked at a TSX. bigger, nicer, and faster than your rsx, and more lux than the evo or the rx-8. IMHO
Old Dec 28, 2004, 08:40 AM
AcA
Evolving Member

Hey..very interesting responses..I'm 21 and love driving hard even though it has gotten me into alot of trouble. Anyone interested in the EVO gotta love to drive hard or like someone said or "should be shot in the head". Evo is one fast sexy car. all in all I will most likely going to buy the EVO or else Im Im going to kick myself when I get my *** handed to an EVO and droll over it. What a sick choices of cars we have for around 30k. All these cars have pros and cons.

and as far as rich spoiled kid goes I'm none of that. Im just one lucky dude that my parents can afford this car at their expense, nothing more to it and I thank them for it. (Around where I live Im talking about 18 year old rocking SL 55 AMG for their 18th birthday) As far as mods my parents wouldn't care cause they really won't know the difference. I'll be the only one driving it and I dont live with them.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 08:47 AM
AcA
Evolving Member

I am a die-hard Evolution fan. But it just that last night kinda shook things up a little bit. I guess its like cheating on your girl and while doing it, it was fun and wasn't focused for a hot min. hahhahaha anyways I dream about owning the EVO ever since I started to learn about it and I won't let my POS experience shake things up when purchasing my hoe.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 08:49 AM
aqs

I am sort of in the same boat.. I was going to buy an MR in Feb or March, but now I think I'm just going to wait for the Evo IX.

Go drive the cars and get whichever one you like. Don't let other people sway your decision.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

The G35 is not a sports car. If you want a sports car then it is out. I have an Evo ofcourse, but my buddy just ordered a 2005 G35, Blcak with Black leather. It is a beautiful car. We drove it, a 350z, and the Rx8. The 350Z definately feels like a sports car when you drive it, as does the RX8. He got the G35 for the luxury and beauty of the car. The RX8 has no power, I mean torque. In my opinion what makes a sports car fun is torque and the RX8 just does not have any. It is a good looking car though and the interior is pretty, but the G35 beats it in that catagory. The 350z like I said earlier does drive and behave like a sports car. It only has 2 seats though and the trunk will not fit golf clubs, well maybe one set without any drivers. The Evo on the other hand is faster, handles better, can fit 4 people and has lots of trunk space. It can also driven in the winter (if it snows where you live, due to the AWD).
Old Dec 28, 2004, 09:32 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
no other car comes close to the excitement of the turbo kicking in like evo and sti, unless you have some modded turbo civic that weighs 1000 pounds.

The evo is a lot bigger than rx-8, more comfortable and faster, turns better and handles better, like Racer Rs-x said.

it's a car that you cannot beat in its class.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AcA
Hey..very interesting responses..I'm 21 and love driving hard even though it has gotten me into alot of trouble. Anyone interested in the EVO gotta love to drive hard or like someone said or "should be shot in the head". Evo is one fast sexy car. all in all I will most likely going to buy the EVO or else Im Im going to kick myself when I get my *** handed to an EVO and droll over it. What a sick choices of cars we have for around 30k. All these cars have pros and cons.

and as far as rich spoiled kid goes I'm none of that. Im just one lucky dude that my parents can afford this car at their expense, nothing more to it and I thank them for it. (Around where I live Im talking about 18 year old rocking SL 55 AMG for their 18th birthday) As far as mods my parents wouldn't care cause they really won't know the difference. I'll be the only one driving it and I dont live with them.
where do you live??
Old Dec 28, 2004, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

another car i would consider would be a 03-04 mustang cobra. you still get the lether with all the other goodies and when you put your foot to the floor hold on cause your going for a ride. i had thought about the cobra for a long time but i already had a gt and wanted a change. i love the evo to death and wouldnt trade it for anything out right now. once you drive it youll see, youll have one in your drive way too
Old Dec 28, 2004, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

AcA,

You will definitely regret it if you don't at least drive the evo before you buy anything. Evo is the most complete performance car at any price because its performance is top notch in every category yet it can get you home in a winterstorm and carry your friends and luggage on a trip. I got one for a year now and I absolutely love every minute of it.