Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

free scheduled maintenance

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2004, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have an 04 that i got in the end of august, i get free maintenance as well, oil changes are synthetic, but only every 5k. i change them in between, and am happy with there service thus far. if you are worried about them joyriding, just sit there and watch them work. i did, and even got into a few converstions with them, usually regarding some kid with a blown clutch and 4k miles. anyway if they realize that you are a working person, who bought the car to be fast, not to look good, they will be pretty helpful. last time they were even asking me about future mods i wanted to install and such. good luck.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dsm95hybrid
5000 miles.. not 4K

Do yourself a favor and change your own oil between dealer service @ 2500mi.

Also it sounds like entrapment for those modded evo's. There's no hiding your mods when you go in there....
Exactly my thoughts.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Be aware that some service managers lay traps for you. If you mention mod.s or they see them do not be surprised if your service gets cancelled or warranty repairs denied. I do all of my own maintenence work but when I go in for parts or warranty things I usually get asked "Hey have you gotten your Evo chiped yet"? or "How much HP are you running now?"
Old Jan 10, 2005, 11:49 PM

hey, from what i understand, we don't get the full maintenance service....first appointment is scheduled for 7500 miles i believe.....that seems pretty high....i get a oil change & filter done at 1000 miles, another one done at 3500, and then the 7500 comes around. let me know if im wrong!
Old Jan 11, 2005, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

^ had my 04 changed at 5k miles, with no problems. i for some reason got the free maintenance because i bought in August. they still try not to give it to me though, as it seems they dont even know what the hell is going on down there.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

got it on my 04. havent used it because i modded the car. but if i had a stock evo i would get every penny back form mitsu i could.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

got the free maintenance on my 04. First one at 5000 with no mods. The next one at 10000, I'll have to take my catback off.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 01:48 PM
Evolving Member

i haven't received my notice of free maintenance yet, but i know that they provide 2 different kinds Sever maintenance service and regular maintenance service.
First one is schedule to be serviced every 3k miles while the regular ones are 5k miles.
I brought in my car for services at 4k miles because i didn't know which one does mine covers and they said it's every 5k miles, and they wouldn't let me get the free service unless the meter shows OVER 5000 miles. even 4999 miles they will ask me to go out drive a mile then come back -.-
Old Jan 11, 2005, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

My dealer told me that they would do maintenance every 5000 miles, including everything listed in the maintenance schedule of the owner's manual. They said they would stick to the "normal driving" maintenance schedule, but since I live in DFW, I was responsible for making sure the car is maintained to the severe schedule, which requires oil changes at every 3k. So I only get half my oil changes for free--assuming I stay completely stock and don't take it to the track.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

i got my free maintenance brochure in the mail as well. bought my car in Sept. '04. the maintenance is for 3yrs/36000miles and includes everything that's scheduled to be done in the manual. also i received free road side assistance cards good for 3 yrs. not bad for a company that's falling head over heels. i don't plan to mod for a long time, as i'm more interested in exploring this car's capabilities at the limit (which is too high for an avg driver anyway) and learning how to drive it fast, so for the time being i don't need any more hp.
Old Jan 28, 2005, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JoizeeX
i got my free maintenance brochure in the mail as well. bought my car in Sept. '04. the maintenance is for 3yrs/36000miles and includes everything that's scheduled to be done in the manual. also i received free road side assistance cards good for 3 yrs. not bad for a company that's falling head over heels. i don't plan to mod for a long time, as i'm more interested in exploring this car's capabilities at the limit (which is too high for an avg driver anyway) and learning how to drive it fast, so for the time being i don't need any more hp.
I just got my free main. schedule in the mail. It says you can choose from severe which is 3750, 7k, 11k, 18k, something to that extent while the regular is just 5k, 10k, 15k up to 45k.

It blaintanly states on there YOU can choose if you want to do the severe or regular. If the dealelr says you can only do 5000 they are pulling your chain, they have to honor it.

BTW guys, you dont need to change your oil every 2500-3000 miles unless you really are driving "severely". Synthetic oil is better than regular and it lasts longer. Changing it before 5000 is a complete waste! Save your money! Maybe when the car has 150k miles on it but its basically new with syn. oil, 5k is more than enough. Ill be following the regular maintenance schedule but I think Im only going to go to Mitsu for the 1st once because I might have mods on the car after that, maybe!!!!

Tom