Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

f.ck cali hwy, so f...ing pissed right now

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2004, 09:40 AM
:)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Al Banks Holla
Don't ever come to NYC!
It ain't easy with all those visas n ****
Old Dec 29, 2004, 10:01 AM

F cali!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! paying more and getting less f*up place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 29, 2004, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Same **** happened to me a while back. Here's what you need to do:

Have a friend call and report that it exists (Pothole in Rd, and Location). This is so that they were aware of the problem. Then you call tomorrow, and tell them what happened, and ask to fill out all the forms for reimubrsement by the city.

When this happened to me, I waited a few days, and the open utility cover was still open. I went to file the paperwork, and found out a week later they denied my claim because they were unaware of any problem. If they were informed of a problem, they would have fixed it. Since they were unaware, they were not liable. Horse****. If I knew about the problem before I hit it...

This way they were informed about the problem, and they neglected to fix it in time... hopefully it will help out better. More people that call in the better.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Al Banks Holla
Don't ever come to NYC!
I think the northeast especially NJ and NY area has the worst roads. These roads will make you think, why in the world you bought a performance car.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's funny how everyone thinks their area has the worst roads. I think most major metropolitan areas have areas of crappy roads. They can't be avoided.

I can't imagine the paperwork process to get reimbursed for damage is easy. I wouldn't bother wasting my time trying to squeeze $1-200 out of the gov't. To me, it just isn't worth the time and effort.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 11:50 AM

You guys should come see the roads here in New Orleans. Here all the roads are built on what used to be swampland. Its foolish to have lowered car here.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by tlclee
...If you live in Norcal...a friendly warning to my follow evo drivers. The pot hole is on 680s between Warm spring and Scotts Creek exit.
I would take a picture for you guys but it hurts me just to look at it again so please don't ask me for any picture...it ain't happening.
I'm always in that area, next time take 880. I guess this is why I hardly see lowered or fixed up cars on 680. There's points where the car will take a brief dip in elevation (when freeway goes right over an overpass) and if your cars lowered the people around you will see sparks.

gl
Old Dec 29, 2004, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by KILTERMAN
Come to Long Beach. Then you'll be really pissed

got that right
Old Dec 29, 2004, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

the only road pot hole free is the turnpike...but even that has some bangers
Old Dec 29, 2004, 01:08 PM
C4D

damn, you think you got it bad, come to Missouri
Old Dec 29, 2004, 01:12 PM

dont go to paterson, nj. i was driving like 10mph on all the streets over there.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tlclee
First of all, F...k all the Norcal freeways! We pay so much tax and we still get sh.ty roads here. Little pot holes are okay but wtf is a rim bending, tire popping pot hole doing on the freeway.
Anyway, here is my story. I was driving to my friend's house tonight on 680s and right when I changed lane to exit the freeway, I hitted a big *** pot hole. I didn't even notice anything on the road until a loud BANG. At that time, I was thinking to myself...this is a SSR GT2 a semi forge rim, it should okay. BTW, I hit it going 75mph and it was pretty damn hard. Got to my friend's house, busted out my flash light....guess what, the outter lip is bent. This rim costed me almost 5bills and now I have to pay to fix stupid sh.t like that! I guess I should be grateful that my tire is okay and the bent isn't causing a leak.
If you live in Norcal...a friendly warning to my follow evo drivers. The pot hole is on 680s between Warm spring and Scotts Creek exit.
I would take a picture for you guys but it hurts me just to look at it again so please don't ask me for any picture...it ain't happening.
My friend had an Iroc Camaro a couple years ago. He hit a pothole on 280 and ripped the oilpan off. Caltrans payed for everything. Just document it. Takes some pics (I know it's painful) and let them know where and what happened. Chances are you're not the only one.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

That really stinks, hopefully it was the only thing bent.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

I would really go to talk to the someone at cityhall. I know that happened to one of my friends a couple of years ago. he hit a potthole in the road and it bent both passenger side wheels and popped both tires. Him and his dad went down to cityhall and filled a complaint. the city bought him 2 new wheels and tires. I would definately go fill a complaint and see if they'll fix it. it worth a try anyways. atleast they might fix the pot hole.

-Chad-
Old Dec 29, 2004, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

That sucks bro. I've been there but I had to buy a new rim. Good luck with the fix.