Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

f.ck cali hwy, so f...ing pissed right now

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2004, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry f.ck cali hwy, so f...ing pissed right now

First of all, F...k all the Norcal freeways! We pay so much tax and we still get sh.ty roads here. Little pot holes are okay but wtf is a rim bending, tire popping pot hole doing on the freeway.
Anyway, here is my story. I was driving to my friend's house tonight on 680s and right when I changed lane to exit the freeway, I hitted a big *** pot hole. I didn't even notice anything on the road until a loud BANG. At that time, I was thinking to myself...this is a SSR GT2 a semi forge rim, it should okay. BTW, I hit it going 75mph and it was pretty damn hard. Got to my friend's house, busted out my flash light....guess what, the outter lip is bent. This rim costed me almost 5bills and now I have to pay to fix stupid sh.t like that! I guess I should be grateful that my tire is okay and the bent isn't causing a leak.
If you live in Norcal...a friendly warning to my follow evo drivers. The pot hole is on 680s between Warm spring and Scotts Creek exit.

Last edited by tlclee; Dec 30, 2004 at 12:58 PM.
Old Dec 28, 2004, 11:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn , sorry to hear. maybe you could get the city to pay for it?
Old Dec 29, 2004, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

I heared about someone bending a rim on a pothole in a road and the city or whatever paid for it.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 12:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about that. There are sh*tty roads everywhere in the Bay Area. The gov't is poor since it's trying to balance the budget. Unfortunately, our roads are getting neglected to make up for it.

I doubt the city would pay for it. You'll be wasting your time trying to get the gov't to fork up any money for something like this. The money you'll need to spend on a lawyer to get this covered will probably exceed the cost of replacing the wheel.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 12:06 AM
Evolving Member

Before you drive on it any more make sure you take off the wheel and check the sidewall on both sides of the tire. The same thing happened to my wife's car and the sidewall developed a nasty bulge, had to buy a new tire.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 12:10 AM
Evolving Member

Ya, thanks for the look out. I used to work for a tire company so I know what you were saying. The tire is fine, just my rim is bent and I am sure there's no hope for the city to pay for my damage. Its only 100+ to fix it but I am just pissed how I have to spend money when I don't have to.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 12:22 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah this happened when we lived Chicago, land of the perpetual potholes. Her car was like 2 weeks old too, what a bummer and the dealer could have hooked us up but was a total pr*ck so we went to another and they set us up wholesale.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 01:28 AM
Evolved Member

Low profile tires + potholes = bent rims. But low profile tires look really nice on a car.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 01:58 AM
Evolved Member

Come to Long Beach. Then you'll be really pissed
Old Dec 29, 2004, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

I just drove through long beach last weekend. The SF bay area roads are worse, trust me.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 09:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KILTERMAN
Come to Long Beach. Then you'll be really pissed
That's true! come to long beach.. damn those stupid roads... your bumper wont last long here, and the sh*tty water systems... yesterday night i saw some heavily modded S14 sitting beside the entrance of the freeway dead can't start because it's soaked.. the water is like 30" deep!
Old Dec 29, 2004, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

i hear ya bro, so cali freeways aint the greatest either, me and my friend where going to this club in anaheim a few months ago, and out of nowhere this huge peice of card board box smack the side of my window and knocked out my driver side mirror, it scared us ****less and i lost a lil control but gained it safely... i hate all cali freeways.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

call your insurance company if the cost is over your deductible.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 09:28 AM
:)

Man you guys should by grateful for the roads you have, where I live in Saudi the roads are patched up no wonder everyone has an SUV. There's a pot hole on my way home that swallowed the whole tire of my Suburban. Now that hurts! (one of my friends had his tire popped out of the wheel, now that hurts even more :P)

Hmmm no bent wheels though. But screwed up shock absorbers.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Don't ever come to NYC!