Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

why am I still not boostin right

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2004, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can't have one line (turbo/wastegate hose) to actuator and the other line running to your BOV to have your stock boost controller working, you need to have the air pressure in order for the actuator to work conjuntion to the wastegate/turbo.

__________________________________________________ ______

U mean run it to the intake and not the bov?
Old Dec 30, 2004, 06:18 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
disconnect your 2 small nipples from the actuator.

Connect that line back to your intake.

look at the diagram, it can't be anymore clear.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

got it
will try it out tomorrow. dark and windy as hell right now cant see crap.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 06:31 PM
Account Disabled

those 2 nipples connect to the hose under the intake hose that connects to the actuator.

that helps your BOV respond a lot quicker and bit louder.

But you don't need to connect that. you could, but I say do what I said up there first then try that later.

least have your car going at the right boost.
Old Dec 30, 2004, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Ok I did what u told me and I gained about .2bar of boost. Topping out at 1.1bar. I ran the bov and tapped into the line coming from the compressor/wastegate to the actuator then hooked up the intake to the actuator as well. Still not boosting 19psi. What else could it be. I reseted the ecu for bout 5min and pumped the brakes about 25x. And took it for a run after. What else do I do to get about another .3-.4 of boost???? Don't think its leak cuz it held steady at 1.1
Old Dec 30, 2004, 11:43 PM
Account Disabled

that's about 15 psi...

did you try not tapping into the line coming from the compressor/wastegate to the actuator? and leave the 2 small nipples on the bov not connected?

I don't know what to say. That should cure it and have everything work properly. Because your stock actuator is working now.

did you check your bov connection? The bov's top nipple is connected to the hose that leads to the intake manifold?

....hmmmm....

the intake to actuator is on top and compressor(turbo)/ wastegate to actuator is on the bottom.

Your bov is connected to your intake and everything is tighten well and everything...

The actuator's plug is plugged in...

your bov is venting to the atmosphere well...

Drive around for a bit. When I installed my MBC, I was at 15psi for a bit then it corrected itself. That and your hose maybe cramped or pinched somewhere.

That's all I could think of. Without seeing how it's connected, I can't really figure that out.
Old Dec 31, 2004, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

I did not try leaving the 2 hoses off the bov. Right now they're tapped into the line comin from turbo/wastegate. The intake is plugged into top of actuator and turbo wastegate on bottom. Bov is plugged into intake not vta. Bov is connected to manifold. Ill just try reseting the ecu for about 20min this time and check all connections. I did 1 thing sort of ghetto cuz my intake didn't have a nipple for me to plug the vac line into, just had a vac line size hole. So I just shoved the line in there and used a glue gun to make sure it doesn't come out and so far it hasnt even at wot. I will try drivin it around for few days. Could u diagram what u were talking about earlier....about makin the bov respond better... For future ref
Old Dec 31, 2004, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

I did the glue gun thing cuz its temporary. I just wanna fix this problem first. Any other sugg? Still toppin at 1.1bbar. Even rested the ecu twice already.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 05:24 PM
Account Disabled

i have no idea... I'm stuck at this point. Take a picture of your setup and post it, then we could diagnose it further.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

What exactly do u want a picture of so I can take it. Anyways...another question...does it matter which way u put the compressor pill? It might be in backwards. That's all I can think of that could be limiting boost
Old Jan 4, 2005, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

What exactly do u want a picture of so I can take it. Anyways...another question...does it matter which way u put the compressor pill? It might be in backwards. That's all I can think of that could be limiting boost
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Bump any1? Sick of not havin my evo at full potential. Could the direction of the compressor side pill matter?
Old Jan 5, 2005, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Bump any1? Sick of not havin my evo at full potential. Could the direction of the compressor side pill matter?
Old Jan 5, 2005, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Ok I took my stuff apart..and instead of tapping the bov into the turbo/wastegate line, I ran it into the intake to actuator line. I reversed the direction of the compressor pill and pushed the pill more toward the compressor nipple instead of the T, but the pill isn't in contact with the compressor nipple.