Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

how much $ for sunroof?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2002, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much $ for sunroof?

I have a choice of Black or Silver (both high wings). They think the black Evo will have a sunroof. Anyone know how much additional $ and will I really notice 35lbs?

I don't think I will notice the weight, and I am 5' 11" so I can spare the headroom. $600 for the sunroof?

I think I want the black since I already have a silver car.
Old Dec 21, 2002, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

my dealer told me the sunroof would be an additional 6-800 in price
Old Dec 21, 2002, 12:57 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The evo is already 1" taller than the regular lancer and the regular lancer headroom is like my truck for crying out loud.
Old Dec 21, 2002, 01:03 PM

the evo is an inch taller than the lancer?
cool the lancer with a sunroof was bumping my hair(i have short hair style) but the side door pillar was kind of cutting my vision off.
glad to hear the evo is taller, maybe a sunroof will work for me!

anyone have any idea just how large these recaro seats are going to be? im a bigger type guy and hope these will work out.

Also,,, since we asked what the sunroof would cost........
what about the big carbonfiber wing?
Thanks
Old Dec 21, 2002, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

I might be totally wrong, but my belief would be that the big wing (normal in my eyes based on previous models) would be included as part of MSRP. Downgrading the wing will cost you less perhaps?

I know this could be construed as an added cost but consider the fact that there will be a substantially larger amount of big wing cars made than small.
Old Dec 21, 2002, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

agreed i think the big wing will be the base price, and the smallr one will be less, or even the same as big one pricewise
Old Dec 21, 2002, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

are you sure the 1" height difference is not in ride height? (as in awd = ride is higher) I would assume the same body mold is used for the lancer and the lancer evolution..... so I kind of doubt what you are indicating would be correct.

"so i can spare the headroom" - I don't have to worry about headroom being compromised by the sunroof.

Originally posted by gtr
The evo is already 1" taller than the regular lancer and the regular lancer headroom is like my truck for crying out loud.
Old Dec 21, 2002, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

i was told 1100 to 1200 for the sunroof. i declined it because its 40 lbs heavier, and thats alot of money i can spend on mods. the big wing i assume should be included in the price. it wont cost any extra id say. but the small wing will most likely cost less. also, i think the sunroof will take away from the structural integrity of the car. my stealth now doesnt have one for the reason that the chassis will twist more. i definatly dont want that in the evo.
Old Dec 21, 2002, 05:22 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Originally posted by MEGABUSA
are you sure the 1" height difference is not in ride height? (as in awd = ride is higher) I would assume the same body mold is used for the lancer and the lancer evolution..... so I kind of doubt what you are indicating would be correct.

"so i can spare the headroom" - I don't have to worry about headroom being compromised by the sunroof.

It said headroom on the tech brochure not hight of vehical. Why isn't that believeable. Just look at the rear window. Does it look like the regular lancer? Evo has 2 glass on the rear door and the back windshield is different. Anyways thats what i've concluded at the car show last year. What i know is that i'm 6'1" and i have 5 inch of headroom on a non sunroof evo 7. The evo is not very wide car but it is high though. More than WRX.
Old Dec 21, 2002, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am also 6'1", and my head just about grazes the roof on the regular Lancer- my Evo will not have a sunroof!
Old Dec 21, 2002, 07:51 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Maybe the recarios on the evo vii are lower than the std. lancer seats

I realized that there was tons of head room. You shouldnt' get the sunroof anyways.
Old Dec 21, 2002, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

hell if the sunroof costs over $600 I don't want it anyway. I guess I will be getting the Silver No sunroof version
Old Dec 22, 2002, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

are you sure the 1" height difference is not in ride height? (as in awd = ride is higher)
What do you mean exactly by awd = ride is higher? What's one got to do with the other? Ride height is determined by the suspension setup.
Old Dec 22, 2002, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Re: how much $ for sunroof?

I have a choice of Black or Silver (both high wings). They think the black Evo will have a sunroof. Anyone know how much additional $ and will I really notice 35lbs?

I don't think I will notice the weight, and I am 5' 11" so I can spare the headroom. $600 for the sunroof?

I think I want the black since I already have a silver car.
You only have to look at other Mitsubishi models to see how much the sunroof will probably be (hint: think current US spec Lancer OZ or LS - I guarantee you it will be the same sunroof).