Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How do our cars do against the G35 Infinity coupe?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2005, 11:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a vid of a G35 TT on 20's racing a C5
http://daemonsync.org/runs/mike_juice_jonG35_1.wmv
Old Jan 3, 2005, 12:23 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I handed my buddy his *** in his G35 coupe numerous times. These were all from rolls though, higher MPH though 30 +, he wouldnt even try from a stop, I wish he would have.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 05:14 AM
Evolved Member

My girl also has the Coupe 6MT and its a very fine car but not quite equal in quickness to the Evo. She's let me drive it plenty of times and you can't beat the quality of the ride or it's looks. My only gripe about her car is I can't hear the engine. I don't read the Tach when I'm driving so it's nice to hear when it's time for me to shift.

On another note...her 3 gear syncro was shot just before christmas. She dropped the car off to have it looked at (1000 miles under warranty expiration). They drained the fluid and saw that it was burnt (previous owner) and then took apart the trans. Found the bad syncro and gears and replaced the ENTIRE transmission with a new OEM one. No cost to her at all and Infiniti provided a free rental for 6 days while they fixed hers. Now THAT is the kind of customer service that Mitsu should take after.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 06:02 AM

I have an '04 G35 Coupe and an '05 EVO...the stock EVO is faster than the stock G35C. A MBC Dynoflashed '05 EVO (290whp) will destroy a stock or intake/exhaust '04 G35C (~240-250whp and heavier). The G35 is heavy, mine is 3500 lbs. On the same day, same track, same gas, stock 05 EVO trapped at 100MPH and stock 04 G35C trapped at 98MPH.

A twin-turbo G35 (APS, Greddy, PE, etc.) will put down about 350whp to 400whp+ depending on state of tune (psi, afr, timing, etc.). I personally know people who have broken a connecting rod at 350whp, but once the rods and pistons are replaced it's a fairly durable engine up to at least 450whp (my only datapoint).

Old Jan 3, 2005, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

The look of the G35 coupe is just second to none. Almost got one but I gotta haul around two kids and a wife so ended up witht the Evo.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 04:28 PM

the g35 is weak give my friends 5 car head start and put 3 cars on him
Old Jan 3, 2005, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

if u suck on take off then a g35 can take u out. depends on driver but on a eway u can take out a g35 just downshift to 4th gear and let the rpm's do the talkin' just make sure u dont over do it speedin is illegal
Old Jan 3, 2005, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

never raced one
Old Jan 7, 2005, 02:31 AM
Evolved Member

Speaking of the 350....I went up against a 350 the other night. I was passing through Richmond, VA and all of a sudden this hooked up 350 merges onto the road. I was doing about 70 when I passed him. He gave it some gas and got next to me. He stayed right at my door side for a while and then punched it. His exhaust was aftermarket, and he also had a subtle body kit on the car, I beleive. Something about the bottom end of the car's profile just didn't seem stock. I waited for him to pull away and once I saw tail lights, I punched it. Within about 2 seconds, I was in front of him. I never had to downshift to 4th or anything. We played back and forth for about 5 minutes. We weren't looking to street race or anything. It was just a bit of spirited driving. Both of us would let off as soon as I would start to pull away. I never let my speed get high enough for it to land me in jail if we were caught. This isn't a "race story" as much as it is just a way to show the car's performance. Oh, I'm not exactly stock anymore, though.

I like the 350 and the G35. I just wish they had turbocharged them from the factory. I don't know what they were thinking over in the performance department. Handling, looks, and build quality on them seems to be quite nice, though.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4-BNGR
Evo>G35

but

Evo<Skyline

The g35 is the new skyline... possibly you mean the new GT-R coming out .... maybe it may be faster.... but it definately is not going to be close to the same price range as the evo.
Old Jan 8, 2005, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

last i heard price wise i think the G35 GT-R is gonna be upwards of $60K.... hellava price and i don't even wanna know what modding it would run ya... yikes... IMO could get a stock evo and warp that puppy into a lean mean v8 slayin machine for the same price... oh wait... stock evos already slay v8s lol