Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Best Aftermarket Theft System

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2005, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by plokivos
yeh, that and the flame thrower with the auto pager thing.

So when the alarm goes off, the flame thrower is activated automatically blinding the bastard, then you get a page saying some a holes trying to jack your car.

You run over to your car with your deser eagle and pop the struggling and burnt theive in the knee caps.

Call the police and "sprinkle some crack on him" . lol I love david chappelle.

HAHAHAHA
Old Jan 3, 2005, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

Although the flame-thrower is definitely the most fun, I have an Airwolf 2-way paging alarm w/built in turbo timer (and all sorts of other goodies I chose not to hook up) and it's awesome. It has CRAZY range, I couldn't even give you a solid number, but it works really well and is loud as **** (in a good way of course). $440 bucks installed. I think you can get 'em from asianwolf.com or something like that. But really, any sort of higher-end 2-way would be a great way to go. I've never heard of any "completely sh*tty" alarm brands...
Old Jan 3, 2005, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

i got a viper alarm system it works fine and not very expensive
Old Jan 3, 2005, 02:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by stephevo
does anyone have the clifford Matrix RS3
I do and it works great. 2 way pager, hood and trunk pins, proximity sensor; i sat around waiting for my alarm to go off after i bought it.

nick

Last edited by kondo; Jan 3, 2005 at 02:17 AM.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 02:44 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i have the rsx3.5 with pager, backup battery, kill switches, etc.... works great so far... good range on the pager too... also can upgrade to cellular gps if needed
Old Jan 4, 2005, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
how much are those cliffords installed?
Old Jan 5, 2005, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

My Glock 22 works for me.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

i have a Crime Guard 850 i4. 2-way, remote start. No turbo timer function. Love it. I did add an apexi turbo timer.

2-way is the only way to go. All other alarms are mostly BS.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 08:09 AM

The Evo comes standard with immobilizer which makes it very hard to steal. Unless you go with stand-alone ems where you lose the "immobilizer". I have a DEI Viper alarm system. I think most people buy alarm for the extra features it offers. Remote start, turbo timer..... For me it was one-touch unlock for all four doors and remote trunk release. Also, it is not so much the brand or model of the alarm, but, the quality of the installation.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Trunk release?????

I am so jealous.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 08:27 AM

Hehe. It works great! Once you get used to it, it becomes uncivilized to insert key. Just kidding.
Old Jan 6, 2005, 10:08 AM
Account Disabled

**** That I Got A Broken Neck For Any Mother ****er Trying To Rob Me
Old Jan 6, 2005, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
50 cents

I found out about the RAVELCO security device. Note I did not say alarm because this kind of security will not alarm you, it just prevents your car from getting stolen, unless your car is getting towed, but there are ways you can prevent that too.
Anyway, Ravelco i think is the best you can get, the cheapest in the market, and I think the most reliable product. The installation was professionaly done. check them out and do a search. When it comes down to getting a security feature for your car, youa re basically buying time. You are trying to give it more time for the theives to take your car. If a theif really wants your car, and he or she is really good at it, they WILL STEAL YOUR CAR. Alarms can be easily deactivated and then you will never get the noise to let you know that your car is getting stolen. GPS are devices that tells you that your car has been stolen, after the fact that the act has been done and by the time you get your car back, it will most likely be stripped down to the frame. RAVELCO prevents easy access for theives to start your car and run away with it. RAVELCO is embedded in your factory wiring harness and there is no way a theif can trace the wire, find enough room to find/re-wire/splice/find the right connection, etc....to steal your car....they have documented it and said that it took a theif at least over 30 minutes in trying to figure out how this device works. Even the installer who installed it in my car, will have a hard time retracing the wire, taking out the battery, taking out the electrical tape, going back and forth from the driver seat and under the hood(because the brain of this device is the actual installation made on it)...all i am saying is at least do the research on it and call the guy...i spoke with the owner/installer and he was the best person you can speak with.
check the link in the bottom of this page and do a search on RAVELCO either on yahoo or google and trust me, you will like it.....

have a good one!
Old Jan 6, 2005, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

www.asianwolf.com has everything you need...
Old Jan 6, 2005, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

yeah the Matrix RS3, it will cost u but its definatly worth it.

Quick Reply: Best Aftermarket Theft System