Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got a Warning in Wisconsin over my Evo's Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2005, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got pulled over 2 or 3 times because of my spoiler here in Wisconsin.Freaking idiots.BUt it is OK if they see so called "hot rods" and all bunch of 100 feet tall chevy trucks that You can barelly get in with 6 feet hood scoops.

I swear to GOD ,some ppl(read:COPS) should get thier life's back and start thiniking that besides american muscles some other countries make different type of cars.Lets say FIAT ( and dont ask me why)Next time I'm gonna show them my attachment.Just click on it!!!
Attached Images  

Last edited by vittorio; Jan 2, 2005 at 10:10 PM.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

if you still have your car specs sticker from the dealership show to him, that should get him to shut up.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
seems common in WI, must bee the cheese
Old Jan 2, 2005, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fimotorsports
seems common in WI, must bee the cheese
Not really.Must be the outlanders
Old Jan 2, 2005, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo_dadi
if you still have your car specs sticker from the dealership show to him, that should get him to shut up.

Next time, pull out your owner's manual and flip about 4 pages into it and show it to the cop.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Or make him give you the ticket so you can go through 6 months of headache like dryad001
Old Jan 2, 2005, 10:09 PM
Evolving Member

Did I miss something here?What happened !!!???

Originally Posted by KILTERMAN
Or make him give you the ticket so you can go through 6 months of headache like dryad001
Old Jan 2, 2005, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by 4-BNGR
While you're at it, ask the cop how he can safely drive his car with a computer screen in his front seat, cb radio, ray ban sunglasses

Old Jan 2, 2005, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
YAY!!!!! I'm not the only one in WI that got busted for it. Sorry to hear that man, im still going to court for my ticket. I think I am on month 4-5. I was just followed by a Milwaukee sheriff about 2 hours ago, I know he was running my plates because he stayed right behind me for about a mile then ducked off somewhere. Never really had a problem with Milwaukee county police or sheriff, it's all the suburbs you have to watch out for.
you missed this one
Old Jan 2, 2005, 11:15 PM

if it is sold from a dealership, there is no way it is illegal. otherwise, it can't be sold on the market. it has proven it's safety and drivability before it goes on sale in domestic market. the cop is dumb, and unreasonable.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 11:21 PM
Evolved Member

i would have took his badge number and went to their IA...and request for better training or harrassment
Old Jan 2, 2005, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wrxIIevo
if it is sold from a dealership, there is no way it is illegal. otherwise, it can't be sold on the market. it has proven it's safety and drivability before it goes on sale in domestic market. the cop is dumb, and unreasonable.
If it's sold from a dealership, it could be illegal. If it rolled out of the factory that way, it's probably not illegal. I know the dealership by my house is equiping all their '05 Evos with LED underbody kits. I saw a blue '05 being test driven at night with blue LED's on, and everyone knows it's illegal to have blue exterior lights on their car.
Old Jan 2, 2005, 11:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by slushfund
Wisconsin state patrol stopped me over the holidays because the Evo spoiler abstructs the rear window. Got a verbal warning. It happened near Eau Claire on I-94.

My 87 year old mother in law was with me. She talked him out of giving me a ticket. I was taking her home after spending Xmas with the family in Minnesota.

Where I am going with this is finding another trunk lid. Will 2003 or 2004 trunk lids fit an 2005 Evo? I was going to use a used trunk lid. I'm guessing carbon fiber is spendy.
This is so stupid just show up in court and make him look like an idiot, first of all i wouldn't sign the ticket.
Old Jan 3, 2005, 12:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i am not moving to wisconsin!

or even driving through it
Old Jan 3, 2005, 12:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by machron1
If it's sold from a dealership, it could be illegal. If it rolled out of the factory that way, it's probably not illegal. I know the dealership by my house is equiping all their '05 Evos with LED underbody kits. I saw a blue '05 being test driven at night with blue LED's on, and everyone knows it's illegal to have blue exterior lights on their car.
that is downright disrespectful to the EVO

Quick Reply: Got a Warning in Wisconsin over my Evo's Spoiler